At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
As an Academic Benchmarks Data Operations Manager, you will help translate product requirements into processes and practices that support timely academic standards data availability and quality. You will manage multiple teams that support all aspects of the processes to maintain accurate and consistent machine-readable academic standards data and metadata that power the Academic Benchmarks alignment systems and API.
- Understand the impact of decisions on stakeholders and various applications
- Learn and apply the Academic Benchmarks data model to academic standards
- Learn internal applications for the collection and maintenance of standards data to be able to effectively support the team and problem solve
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and making decisions; know when to escalate
- Manage and train resources for uninterrupted data availability
- Clearly communicate data status to stakeholders (using Asana and internal applications)
- Provide continuous improvement of workflows
- Develop best practices to support data quality
- Develop and maintain documentation to support processes and best practices
- Manage contractors (recruit, onboard, train, approve time/invoicing).Manage multiple concurrent phases and mini-teams in a workflow
- Collaborate with Product Management to support the implementation of new features
- Collaborate with Client Services to resolve data issues
- Analyze academic standards documents and determine data to collect and how to apply the Academic Benchmarks data model
- Respond to team questions, provide guidance, remove obstacles
- Estimate custom data captures and implement
- Monitor and forecast operational costs.
- 3-5 years’ experience in operations or program management roles
- Contractor management and capacity planning experience
- Comfortable with change and driven by continuous improvement paired with an understanding of ROI
- Experience with database software/web-based applications
- Proficient in spreadsheets
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Working with educational data, such as standards and assessments
- Performing SQL data queries
- Managing work using Asana and Google Workspace
- Knowledge of Excel VBA programming
Get in on all the awesome of Instructure:
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Lots of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Fitness club memberships
- iMac or Macbooks
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.