Capital Factory’s Accelerator is the engine behind all it’s moving parts - it reviews the best startups in the state and connects them with exactly who they need to grow their business - whether that’s their next partner, mentor, client, employee or investor. Our Accelerator Team facilitates all of these interactions - and we’re seeking a strong leader with a proven background in the startup community to optimize and grow our operations across Texas.
As the Accelerator Manager at Capital Factory, you’ll lead our growing team of VIP, Investor, Mentor, and Startup coordinators and managers to assist our Venture team in engaging the best startups in Texas, get them into our Accelerator program, and get them access to the network they need to grow their business. Our Mentor, Founder, VIP and Investor relationships will become your relationships. You will work with startup entrepreneurs, prominent CEOs, venture capitalists, government officials, the press, and celebrities to match them up with the right people at the right time. You will lead and grow a team across Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio who are passionate about entrepreneurs and mentorship. In this role, you’ll work closely with our Venture, Programs, Partnerships, Marketing, and Memberships, teams to build processes and strategies to streamline and grow our Accelerator program offerings and network. Through this role you’ll help grow our network and provide world class service to our startup founders, VIPs, mentors, and investors around the world to show off what Texas startups have to offer.
About Capital Factory...
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.
- You have experience managing and leading teams.
- You are a strong communicator across teams and confident in taking the lead on project management and delegation.
- You are familiar with Startup Accelerator programs, preferably having worked in or for one.
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship and the startup community.
- You are outgoing and comfortable leading big discussions with high-profile professionals.
- You are a documentor. You love creating scalable processes for teams.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better, get to the real issue and turn issues into solutions.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You plan to stay in Austin and fully committed to this position for 2+ years.
About our team...
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- We have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week (the week before Austin City Limits Music Fest).
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
You'll know if you're successful if....
- The number of new startups we bring into our Accelerator doubles over the next year and we continue to onboard and deliver value to them with ease
- Everyone you manage understands their role, and knows what success looks like.
- The Accelerator Team operates as one highly-integrated unit, with streamlined processes and communications.
- Your team feels supported, challenged and mentored.
- Internal teams see you as go-to resource for all Accelerator initiatives.
- You have relationships with our Accelerator Founders and have a broad knowledge of what their companies need from Capital Factory.
- Our Founders have a seamless experience and receive meaningful value from our Accelerator Program. They also know how to stay active in our community after the Accelerator Program and are excited about doing so.
- Our Mentor network continues to grow across Austin, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio and our mentors for supported and engaged.
- You have a productive and collaborative relationship with all teams at Capital Factory to ensure they know the value of our Accelerator network and how to get them plugged into all of our other efforts.
- Founders, mentors and investors give unsolicited feedback about how great your team is to work with and they show they mean it by giving us repeat business.
- 15 days PTO (prorated based on start date), plus paid holidays including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance (employee only is 100% paid for)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Co-working membership at Capital Factory
- Downtown parking space
- Access to the Omni hotel gym and pool