You will oversee and optimize existing Accelerator program offerings across Texas and deliver meaningful, high-quality experiences to Capital Factory’s portfolio of founders, mentors and investors. You run some of our most important recurring programming- Epic Office Hours, Mentor and Investor Slack AMAs, Series A Prep, Deal Review and the annual Venture Summit. It’s your responsibility to ensure attendance is high, VIP speakers or guests are plugged in and topic areas speak to a diverse audience. You will also identify best practices across existing Accelerator programs to ensure they are meeting the expectations of all stakeholders, and work continually to improve the experience overall.
Capital Factory’s Accelerator attracts the best startups in the state and connects them with exactly who they need to grow their business - whether that’s their next partner, mentor, client, employee or investor. Our Accelerator Team facilitates all of these interactions - and we’re seeking a strong leader with a proven background in the startup community to optimize and grow our programming opportunities across Texas.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are critical. Strong ability to influence and drive change.
- You are a detail-oriented documentor. You make lists, spreadsheets and playbooks.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You have the ability to deliver high quality work, on time, in a dynamic organization under time pressure.
- You are able to work at least 45 hours per week when needed. You do what it takes to get the job done!
- You have 2+ years experience with executing physical and virtual events from ideation to programming to event logistics, to completion, simultaneously.
- You are a decision maker and know when to escalate situations to appropriate leadership within the organization.
- You plan to stay in Texas and fully committed to this position for 2+ years.
About our team…
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We are transparent and we over-communicate
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place with fast internet where we can work remotely.
- We have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
You'll know if you're successful if....
- You increase the number of meaningful connections and opportunities for Accelerator startups month over month and year over year
- You re-engage high value entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, and corporate partners who don’t participate in office hours
- You support and host regular Mentor and Investor programming such as Epic Office Hours, Slack AMAs, Mentor Workshops, Fundraising Academy and Deal Review.
- You build strong relationships with our Mentors, Investors and VIPs at Capital Factory, and they regularly participate as guests, speakers and attendees in our events.
- Your work to review and streamline current program offerings to produce a steady increase in engagement between founders and VIP stakeholders at Capital Factory Accelerator events.
- Your run of show is executed with precision and you have built the appropriate back up plan to adjust if needed on execution day.
- You have a productive and collaborative relationship with all internal teams and you are seen as the go-to for new Accelerator programming initiatives and strategic collaborations.
- Your events are well attended and you receive solicited and unsolicited feedback on the quality of the programs you run from attendees, speakers, sponsors, and Capital Factory members.
- Capital Factory is operating remotely when possible through the end of 2020 and will re-assess towards the end of the year. We currently have a presence in Austin, Houston, and Dallas.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s) includes all personal and sick days
- Personal health, dental and vision insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory
- Downtown parking space
- Access to onsite gym