The Account Associate is a consultative role managing renewals and relationships with Stripes fastest growing users. Our Account Associates are responsible for the growth and retention of our startup and SMB clients. As an Account Associate, you’ll identify opportunities for our clients to get the most out of Stripe by quickly understanding our clients’ needs, managing upsell and renewal opportunities, and driving end-to-end campaigns to increase adoption of Stripe’s offering. We’re looking for a well-rounded strategic operator who can both build strong relationships with Stripe’s users and manage projects to engage with customers at scale.
- Manage contract renewals and lead commercial negotiations with our clients.
- Develop and implement strategies for driving product adoption and client retention at scale among existing Stripe customers across EMEA.
- Solve complex client needs and work across product, sales, risk and operations teams to improve our solution to our users.
- Retain and increase revenue and market share with existing accounts.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and German.
- Ability to understand the Stripe API and build great relationships with technical customers.
- Analytical ability to manage complex pricing and cost considerations.
- A builder mentality and eagerness to help build and influence processes for a newly forming team.
- Experience managing projects with input from cross-functional teams.
- A knack for working well with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- Motivation and flexibility to adapt in an environment where things change quickly.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role at a high-growth technology company.
- Experience with Excel and SQL, or a willingness to learn.