Sell what you love. For us and millions of users across the globe, that’s Spotify. Join the Sales team and you’ll build the relationships that help grow our business in existing markets and beyond. We don’t just sell creative solutions to our clients and partners, we help to shape them; using our expert knowledge of ad products, sales channels and the industry to impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.
Spotify is looking for an outstanding Account Director to join our Agency team. We are looking for someone with a proven record of revenue generation and a deep interest and passion for digital media and innovation. We want someone who loves our product and knows how to sell advertising solutions for clients and partners. You should be confident while staying humble, you work hard, and know how to have fun. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts on Spotify.
What you'll do
- Sell audio formats including podcast formats, video formats, display advertising and other ad space in order to grow advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies, clients directly, and other relevant stakeholders.
- A big focus will lie on initiating and selling via programmatic channels.
- Work across multiple agency departments, i.e. buying, strategy, comms planning, radio, digital, programmatic, branded content and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns.
- Coordinate with the communications planning team and strategic planners, client partners, and buyers to create successful ad campaigns.
- Partner with internal marketing, brand partnerships, and label relations teams to maximize revenue for Spotify and our partners.
- Focus on consultative brand selling educating and inspiring our clients to use Spotify to enhance their business objectives.
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals.
- Maintain a high volume of in person client engagement with brands and agencies.
- Represent Spotify at events and serve as a brand ambassador, communicating our core narratives and reinforcing the strong position Spotify holds in the marketplace.
- Accurate forecasting, reporting daily and weekly and timely insights about your business and customers is vital.
- Use of Salesforce is required as a primary method of managing your day to day business
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of professional sales experience in a media agency/online/audio sales role.
- You have knowledge of online and offline media and have the ability to be creative with audio and digital client solutions.
- You have strong negotiation skills, have the ability to consultatively sell as well as product selling, present effectively and the resilience to chase down and close business.
- You have the ability to build a pipeline and proven track record of exceeding goals.
- You have dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
- You have a deep understanding of the digital ecosystem.
- You are a team player, smart, adapt well with change and have a positive attitude.
- You are able to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative, fresh campaigns.
- You are fluent in German and English language, spoken and written.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.