OakNorth’s (ON) Credit Intelligence Suite transforms commercial lending by helping banks build deeper relationships with their clients, open new, more profitable opportunities, whilst delivering credit decisions up to ten times faster than traditional models, with lower risk and greater efficiency.
Credit Intelligence is a data-driven technology that gives lenders a forward-looking view of the borrower based on expansive and dynamic data sets and scenarios specific to that business, using automated, continuous analysis of multiple drivers across the business, its peer group and the wider economy. This provides an independent, consistent, detailed framework offering deep contextual insight that enables rapid underwriting, immediate stress-testing and more agile and targeted strategic lending.
Built over five years by an engineering and credit science team of over 250 people, the ON Credit Intelligence Suite has propelled OakNorth Bank in the UK into the top 1% of banks in developed markets in terms of RORE and efficiency, enabling it to profitably manage a multi-billion-dollar commercial lending portfolio - benefits that banks across the world can now realize.
In addition to OakNorth’s own bank in the UK, the software is also being deployed by banks around the world, including: SMBC, PNC Bank, Customers Bank and Modern Bank in the US, and NIBC and OIMIO in Europe.
OakNorth Holdings (the group which includes OakNorth Bank plc and the various OakNorth software entities around the world) has raised over $1bn from leading investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, NIBC, SMBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
In this role, you will have Sales leadership responsibilities. As a First Line Sales Manager, you will be managing and developing a team of senior Enterprise Sales Executives. You will participate and lead in client and prospect meetings as well as work cross-functionally with stakeholders and corporate resources as required. You will be responsible for ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new team members on sales process. In this role you will report on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management, and you will be responsible for carrying your own individual quota as well as your overall team sales quota.
- Be 100% new business focused to start; own growth, development and account management of leads, distributing work streams across sales team and ensuring delivery goals are met
- Be responsible for exceeding your individual sales quota, in addition to your overall team quota
- Target commercial banks and drive the full sales cycle from initial lead generation through to closing the sale at decision-maker (CEO/Board) level
- Be masterful in client engagement and impact how your customers do business in an ever-changing environment. You will develop and evangelize an industry-specific point of view and help new clients grow and transform their business by leveraging the OakNorth Platform
- Have extensive experience and a consistent and proven record of success selling complex enterprise technology solutions to both business and technology stakeholders
- Have exceptionally strong business and technology acumen. You understand the social, economic and technology trends that are shaping our lives, and you can succinctly articulate a vision for how OakNorth can make a meaningful and highly differentiated contribution to the success of our customers
- Focus on North America (U.S. based) with heavy domestic travel across the US and Canada, limited international travel across EMEA, and APAC
- 5+ years of experience direct selling experience to the Financial Services Industry, ideally commercial banking
- Demonstrated knowledge of Financial Services industry dynamics and nomenclature
- Demonstrated knowledge of artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and Digital Transformation concepts as applied to credit decisions. Not essential, but preferred
- A hunter sales ethics with strong sales process; a proven closer
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales revenue targets
- Experience selling into 'C’ level decision makers
- A proven capability to create territory/vertical go-to-market strategy and execution
- Strong financial proficiency and you can create and present complex business cases that align to our customers most strategic imperatives
- You have an exceptional executive presence and are comfortable engaging at all levels of your customers organization
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Experience in sales coaching and mentoring
- The ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- A strong drive for results
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.