Sell what you love. For us and millions of users across the globe, that’s Spotify. Join the Sales team and you’ll build the relationships that help grow our business in existing markets and beyond. We don’t just sell creative solutions to our clients and partners, we help to shape them; using our expert knowledge of ad products, sales channels and the industry to impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
Spotify is looking for an outstanding Account Director to join our Vertical team to look after the Media & Entertainment clients. We are looking for someone with a proven record of revenue generation and a deep interest and passion for digital media and innovation. We want someone who loves our product and knows how to sell advertising solutions for clients and partners. You should be confident while staying humble, you work hard, and know how to have fun. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts on Spotify.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with our key named clients across Media & Entertainment industry, allowing us to better understand their businesses and position Spotify as an invaluable partner in overcoming their strategic challenges
- Sell audio formats, video formats, display advertising and other ad space in order to grow advertising revenues (across all channel Direct, Programmatic and AdStudio) by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly in order to meet and exceed advertising revenue goals
- Work across multiple marketing and agency departments, i.e. brand, buying, strategy, comms planning, radio, digital, programmatic, branded content and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns
- Develop a solid relationship with senior stakeholders across clients and agencies in order to accelerate the growth and become a strategic, inspiring and trustable partner.
- Coordinate with the communications planning team and strategic planners, client partners, and buyers to create successful ad campaigns
- Partner with internal marketing, brand partnerships, and label relations teams to maximise revenue for Spotify and our partners
- Focus on brand sell, educating and inspiring our clients to use Spotify to enhance their business
- Represent Spotify at events and serve as a brand ambassador
- Manage activity using salesforce.com
- You will work out of the Milan office
Who you are
- You have 6+ years of commercial advertising experience at a brand, agency or in a media/online sales role
- You have knowledge of online and offline media and have the ability to be creative with audio and digital client solutions
- You have phenomenal communications skills and are a networking superstar with the confidence to build relationships at all levels, from c-level to junior
- You have strong negotiation skills and the ability to present effectively and close the deal
- You have the ability to build a pipeline and proven track record of exceeding goalsYou have a deep understanding of digital ecosystem
- You are a team player, smart, adapt well with change and have a positive attitude
- You are able to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative, fresh campaigns
- Fluent Italian and English language, spoken and written is required
- Please apply to this role with a cv/resume in English