VaynerX, LLC is a full-service global communications and advertising agency built for the now. VaynerX is the holding company for VaynerMedia, LLC (and its international entities), Vayner3, LLC, Gallery Media Group, LLC (including its publishing properties, PureWow.com and One137pm.com), Sasha Group, LLC, Tingley Lane trading, LLC, VaynerCommerce, LLC, and Eva Nosidam, LLC. We deliver integrated programs across creative, strategy, production, and media all under one roof centred on driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and our family of companies has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Amsterdam, APAC and LATAM.
**This role will be expected to work out of the NYC office in a hybrid capacity**
Hello, we’re The Sasha Group! We serve a wide range of businesses from helping young startups develop their core to helping established brands think differently and flex with the times. From building brand foundations to building momentum, we combine creativity with thoughtfulness and speed to solve business challenges.
We like to describe ourselves as “consultancy at the front and an agency ‘round the back.”
At The Sasha Group, we believe that smart, creative thinking is the ultimate variable that makes brands come to life, whether it’s the startup looking to break into a space or the big, well-known brand looking to break the mold. And while we believe good ideas can come from anywhere, not everyone has the talent, skills, and craft to bring those ideas to life.
That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for Account Directors to lead this work, by providing insights-driven strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships, collaborating with cross-departmental teams, while growing and mentoring your Account/Strategy teams.
How would you answer these questions? It should help determine if we’re the type of company for you!
- Do you geek out over depletion reports, quarterly earnings announcements, Snapchat’s evolving ad products?
Are you tired of the revolving door of agencies, with people coming and going in year-long increments? Do you agree that company culture is better represented by the environment a place brings on a daily basis, and less about the dress code and open bar happy hours? (don’t get us wrong, we love jeans, and a cold beer from time to time…)
- Are you someone that’s a veteran in “teaching a man to fish”, rather than “feeding him a fish”? And find nothing more gratifying than providing that type of mentorship?
Do you have a passion for food, exercise, music… heck, even stamp collecting, or anything else outside of work? Something that you not only love, but love sharing with others?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, we’re chomping at the bit to meet you!
The task at hand (AKA the role & responsibilities)
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor account/strategy teams in The Sasha Group's commitment to providing best-in-class social & digital marketing counsel, while contributing to the career growth of your team members. You will communicate directly into a VP or SVP, overseeing several client “brand families”, while managing and motivating a team of Account Supervisors that are typically managing 2-4 brands.
- Develop and deliver senior-level social strategy to CMO-level clients, derived from industry insights and category expertise. (Our client’s challenges become ours! We need to understand their highly-individual market conditions, and the levers of growth to focus on that will drive business results)
Eat, breathe, and sleep today’s digital & mobile consumer, to develop brand-specific strategies that, ultimately, help them sell shit (that’s why we love social and digital marketing, after all!).
- Guide and contribute in the development of Creative ideas and deliverables
- Be well versed in the various Paid Media and Measurement opportunities in social, digital, and broader marketing mix, to provide client recommendations on the proper social & digital KPIs, based on brand-specific goals. A working knowledge of Facebook and Twitter’s Ad products is essential, as well as maturing platforms.
- Identify and help sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients, that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars
- The ability to navigate a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group, gain an understanding of their unique company architectures, to build and strengthen relationships with essential stakeholders
- Responsible for assignments centered around operational and internal initiatives, as provided by the Leadership team
- Collaborate with the leaders of other departments (Creative, Production, Analytics/Insights, Media, Community Management) to improve and execute on client deliverables, process, and output
- Contribute to the continued growth and stability of The Sasha Group, by being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company both today and tomorrow
The ideal candidate has:
A Bachelor's degree or Entrepreneurial street creds and 7-10 years of experience working within the social/digital and agency space
- Advanced written and presentation communication skills
- A proven understanding and expertise in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space and how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for Fortune 500 size brands
- Foster strong relationships and collaboration with cross-discipline teams that include Creative, Project Management, Media, and Analytics -- from initial brief and brainstorm, to campaign execution and measurement
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, and social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success and measurement opportunities
- Experience leading and managing growing teams
- Top-notch social and communication skills to deliver impeccable strategic social counsel
- An infectious smile, upbeat demeanor, and warm personality that contributes to an already ridiculously-strong company culture.
Unsure if you meet the qualifications?
We are always looking for talent which will continue to cultivate an inclusive and representative team that will enhance our perspectives, skill sets, background, and behaviors. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Base Salary $95,000- $138,000
- Employer-sponsored 401k with match
- Medical, Dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Caregiver (Parental) Leave
- Health and Wellness benefits