Reporting to the Head of Ad Sales, the Ad Sales Account Executive will be well entrenched with advertising clients as well as be well-connected across the broad ad agency community. This person will be tasked with securing and retaining advertising sales opportunities across all media sales platforms, primarily digital. These include but will not be limited to: digital/desktop, mobile/tablet, digital out-of-home, television.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Navigate Agency and Client organizations to find key executive decision makers regarding.
- AccuWeather’s digital and television offering.
- Build awareness of the Company's offerings and capabilities in your assigned territory.
- Establish the Company as a leader in digital sales capabilities and offerings.
- Manage current relationships with digital agencies as well as clients partner platforms.
- Prospect companies for digital ad sales opportunities (revenue).
- Facilitate complex media deals across various categories with particular emphasis on Online and Mobile offerings.
- Proactively prepare proposals via the RFP process, and as a result of the sales opportunities created by cold calling agency groups as well as clients, brand managers and marketing directors.
- Maintain constant contact with client before, during, and after the sale to establish and positively manage the business relationship.
- Responsible for working with Head of Sales to create new opportunities.
- Strategically develop the Company's presence as the World’s Leading Weather provider.
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using applicable sales database applications.
- Work with Ad Operations and Account Management to insure campaign delivery objectives according to insertion orders are being adhered to.
- Other duties may be assigned.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of online advertising sales experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Solution based/Consulting based selling experience.
- Formal training in the sales discipline.
- A track record of successful sales experience demonstrated by specific achievements
- Understands how to build long-term customer relationships.
- Television and/or digital out-of-home sales a plus.
- Internet savvy and proficiency with a sales/CRM database (Microsoft Dynamics preferred) and office productivity tools (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high-level of initiative.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.