Join a startup with an awesome culture that is changing the world. Build a career and a future that matters. Be part of a fast-paced, passionate and inspired team supporting rapid growth.
5 Reasons Why You Want to Work with Us:
- You want to work with a team that is competent, confident, passionate, and focused on achieving big goals.
- You want to work on a product with the potential to grow into a billion dollar business, become a household name, and help millions of people.
- You want to have a voice.
- You want to be part of a fun and healthy culture.
- You want to work at a company that will provide an opportunity to get to the next level of your career.
What We’re Looking For In You:
We are looking for an all-star skill set: efficient, organized, and follows through on commitments. You're intelligent, have great analytical skills, and pay attention to detail. In addition, you're calm under pressure, have a great work ethic, and communicate well.
And, more than the usual skills, we want you to push and not accept the mundane. Push for a higher standard. Be proactive. Be open to new ideas and personal feedback. Try stuff, fail and learn from it. 5% of business leaders are 20 times more efficient than 95% of business leaders. We want you to be the 5%.
About the Opportunity:
Reports to: VP of Sales
The ShipHawk Account Executive (AE) is responsible for producing revenue through new customer sales. This is a quota-carrying position that requires a strong focus on new business development. The AE achieves this through full-cycle consultative selling, including outbound prospecting, cold calling, building rapport and trust, consultative discovery to identify customer needs, educating prospects on ShipHawk’s product offerings, presenting persuasively, answering objections, negotiating favorable terms, closing new sales, generating referrals, pipeline management, and forecasting.
The AE is a highly motivated self-starter, eager to learn, determined to adapt quickly, and is comfortable with some ambiguity. The job duties of the AE are varied and complex, requiring independent judgment, highly developed selling, customer relations, and negotiation skills. The AE is a team player who is coachable and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. The AE has excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Travel may be required.
The ideal candidate has a background in Sales or Business Development with a proven track record of exceeding revenue targets, strong organizational and influencing skills, and a high level of personal accountability.
Account Executive Sales
- Exceeds defined sales quota through strategic account planning, networking, use of company resources, and execution of a full-cycle sale process
- Engages in proactive, outbound business development, including cold calling, to develop new business opportunities
- Manages the sales process from initial contact through agreement, signature, and transition to the Implementation team
- Maintains a thorough understanding of ShipHawk’s product offerings and industry trends to tailor presentations to meet the needs of different types of organizations
- Assists customers in developing the business case and value proposition for proposed solutions when necessary
- Collaborates with internal teams in executing the company’s sales process including proposal development
Tracks and maintains all prospect and client activity in Salesforce.com, the goal being that management can quickly understand the status of customer relationships and the sales pipeline
Has a positive outlook and the ability to take responsibility for their successes and failures; goal oriented with a belief that daily, weekly, and monthly activities will help achieve desired results
- Engages in accurate sales forecasting and sales pipeline management activities
- Becomes an expert on ShipHawk’s platform and markets. Maintains a deep understanding of the product and speaks with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
Leadership & Development
- Sales Leadership – Takes a strategic sales approach, creates value for clients and adds to the company’s capabilities and reputation
- People Development – Contributes to the growth, development and positive experience of the sales team
- Proactive Contribution – Works with leadership to develop strategies that drive revenue
Systems and Process
- Executes repeatable, reliable, scalable processes
- Leverages internal tools to manage, track, and report on key customer information
- Consultative selling experience
- Prospecting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Competitive spirit
- Ability to collaborate
- Drive for results
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team environment
- Strong executive presence
- Experience articulating return on investment
- Solution selling ability
- Strong discovery skills
- Objection handling skills
- Planning and closing skills
- 3+ years successfully selling B2B SaaS software to both technical and non-technical buyers
- BA/BS degree
- Proven track record of building rapport and relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal, phone, video conferencing skills)
- Hyper-organized with a passion for problem solving
- Experience working with technical and complex projects
- Familiarity working with shipping & logistics a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building ability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for identifying client needs and developing solutions with all levels of clients
- Experience working with sales technologies including Salesforce.com and Outreach.io or Salesloft
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic team environment
- Passion for customer experience and customer success
All applications must include a cover letter with reasons for why you are interested and well qualified for this position, including:
- A description of a recent sale that you personally prospected, from beginning to end
- An explanation of how you would prospect and build pipeline in your first 90 days on the job
- An outline of the sales process you follow to generate predictable results
The name of the author of The Greatest Man in Babylon
ShipHawk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.