Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible.
Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to- peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always be fun, exciting, and performance-driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
We are looking for a passionate, high-performing salesperson with experience selling technology products and/or services. The ideal candidate has a history of exceeding sales quota, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building and growing a pipeline of business as a result of outbound prospecting and high activity metrics. They also have experience navigating through organizations, doing deep discovery, and selling to multiple decision makers.
Who You Are:
- Competitive – You have a huge drive to individually compete (and win) while still being a fantastic team player.
- Flexible – A piece of taffy has nothing on you, you can stretch and grow whenever and wherever. You thrive on change!
- Hunter – You strategically attack a regional territory to hunt and close new business.
- Organizational Genius – You can prioritize in your sleep and sometimes even do so.
- Overachiever – The difference between extraordinary and ordinary is that little extra; you are that little extra.
- Self-Motivated – When you wake up in the morning, you KNOW how good of day you are going to have before it even starts.
- Social – People like you, and you like people. And people helping people is powerful stuff.
- A Juggler – You could’ve joined the circus with your mad skills, but instead you decided to share them with the world in order to help organizations reach their maximum potential.
- Passionate – Your heart keeps growing and has no plans on stopping. You care about the world, your community, and making a difference in it.
What Your Day-to-Day Looks Like:
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline; maintain a high volume of activity including outbound calls, emails, and social selling.
- Skillfully deliver web based presentations, leveraging strong product knowledge and inside sales best practices.
- Comfortably sell to VP & C-Suite executives and navigate through multiple decision makers to create compelling events and secure all approvals.
- Strategically attack a regional territory to close new business, working with all support staff and providing direction to our outbound prospecting team.
- Consistently kill your quarterly and annual sales quota and be well-compensated for doing so.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 2+ years of inside sales experience (selling over the phone/web) in a closing role required.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Strong track record of achievement, preferably selling multiple cloud solutions.
- Previously trained in consultative / value based selling.
- Technically savvy and specifically skilled in using CRM (preferably Salesforce) to manage sales cycles.
- A big heart for the nonprofit space.
- Experience selling to nonprofit organizations a plus.
- Ability to work in our downtown San Diego office (this is not a remote position).
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Car2Go Allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Pet friendly office
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.