About HiMama and Our Mission:
HiMama is improving learning outcomes for children aged zero to five. We are a social purpose business and certified B Corporation that connects families with the early childhood professionals who serve them. Our goal is to empower early childhood educators with affordable tools that enable them to improve developmental outcomes for the children they work with, while educating parents about the importance of their work. If you are excited about being part of a high-growth tech company focused on making a difference in a highly impactful industry, HiMama is the place for you!
We’re looking for passionate, ambitious and confident Account Executives who want to challenge themselves in a fast-paced, high growth work environment. Ideal candidates enjoy connecting with people and have a tendency to excel in whatever they do. They are keen to take on a challenge and looking to take their career to the next level. Finally, they’re looking to make an impact on the world beyond dollars and cents – working with a social enterprise you will personally have the opportunity to improve outcomes for hundreds of thousands of children worldwide.
As an Inbound AE on our team, you will be empowering Early Childhood Educators to build stronger relationships with parents and engage them in children’s learning and development using our app.
The Sales Team
Sales at HiMama is a high-energy, collaborative, and ambitious team that is striving to drive accelerated growth of our business. We have a strong team mentality and a desire to work hard and win to support our customers.
Why be an AE at HiMama?
A product you can TRULY get behind: We’re #1 on the market (we’re not just saying that, feel free to look it up) and it really is a game changer. You’ll have the opportunity to feel your impact and help make a genuine difference!
Deep satisfaction: Our AEs enjoy selling our product and you’re supporting an industry that is important and under-appreciated. Many of our customers literally say “WOW” when they see it. Our AEs say it's validating and highly satisfying.
Childcare Director/Owner decision-makers: Let’s face it, sales can be tough, and prospects can be prickly at times. However, decision makers in the childcare space have a tendency to be friendly by nature and an absolute pleasure to work with.
Lots of repetitions: We have a short sales cycle with a ton of interest. There are so many opportunities and chances to make a sale and improve your craft!
Compensation that rewards strong performance: Competitive on-target earnings and uncapped commissions paid out monthly!
Training: Extensive sales training and mentorship to get your foot in the door with software sales and/or level up your sales skills!
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing online demos that are set up by the Sales Development Team - you will be responsible for discovery, presentation, negotiating and closing
- Calling decision-makers at childcare centers to discuss their needs and pain points
- Applying problem-solving skills to understand if our app is a good fit
- Showcasing the tremendous value HiMama provides and getting people excited
- Consistently meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual individual and team targets
What you bring to our team:
- 1 - 2 years in an SDR or BDR role, preferably in SaaS
- Experience with a transactional/fast sales process, preferably B2B
- A track record developing relationships with new clients
- Discovery, presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and G-Suite
- Personable and positive attitude, excellent communication and presentation skills
- Propensity to always want to learn and improve
Don’t have all the requirements but convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you!
• Flexible working arrangements, with the option to work from our vibrant downtown Toronto office or work remotely
• Health benefits package includes medical, dental and vision
• Paid time off, including vacation, personal days, paid sick days, and paid volunteer days
• Opportunities for learning, mentorship and professional development
• Ongoing team-wide and company-wide virtual social activities and success celebrations
HiMama is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. If you require accommodations at any step of the application or interview process, please indicate so under the "Accommodations Question" box on your application. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: alternative methods of communication, providing a detailed “what to expect”, or modified testing. Please note this list is not exhaustive and we are more than happy to discuss other accommodations as required. If you have questions about HiMama's accommodation process, connect with us at [email protected]
Commitment to Diversity
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging are central to HiMama's core values. HiMama aims to ensure we provide a safe environment for everyone to thrive while bringing their authentic selves to work. Our mission is to promote an inclusive work space for all employees through Education, Discussion, and Celebration of our differences. Embracing these differences while coming together with a common purpose is what makes our team extra special. Our focus on inclusion and belonging is activated in the day-to-day culture at HiMama through our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBS) committee, our bi-weekly DIBS discussions, DIBS Slack community, D&I training and education, volunteer days, donation matching, and more.