As an Account Executive (AE), your goal is to drive growth by closing new business while building and expanding a diversified portfolio of clients. You'll have autonomy in achieving growth goals with continued guidance and coaching to ramp and have long-term success.
If you enjoy diversity in your day-to-day role, this is the perfect opportunity for you as no two days are the same! Examples of activities you might find yourself doing with include: leading a discovery call with a prospect to uncover information about their supply chain processes, discussing an onboarding strategy with a fellow Flexporter across our offices, meeting with a prospective client to set up a trial project, or sharing your best practices with the broader sales team in a peer learning session.
This is an amazing opportunity to help scale the Singapore Business as well as drive Flexport’s growth globally - help fuel our expansion!
- Identify and lead local sales by driving SMB segment client initiatives to fuel our growth.
- Experience with programmatic sales, where you sell a product or service to a cohort of customers, is a plus.
- Proactively consult with clients to understand their logistics and supply chain needs through a solutions-based selling approach.
- Be able to create value-driven solutions built on deep research and a full understanding of the client's end to end, order to cash cycle. These solutions will encompass various Flexport products and services.
- Build and manage a pipeline of prospective clients with a diverse set of backgrounds from end to end.
- Co-work and coordinate internally with Client Solutions Team, Trade Lane Management teams, Supply Chain Operations teams and other stakeholders on landing the implementation and SOP.
- Teamwork with Client Solutions Team to drive client success and revenue generation.
- Provide insightful market knowledge and industry dynamics.
- Identify opportunities for account growth by having a thorough understanding of Flexport’s diversified, and growing product line while retaining and expanding revenue within the book of business.
- Understand and document the client’s success criteria and use it to build clear standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Respond to client escalations, partnering with Supply Chain Operations to solve client issues quickly and ensure smooth operations at origin and destination. You will handle client issues that require advanced industry knowledge.
- Ensure shipment metrics consistently meet client expectations.
- As an extension of your core portfolio and unique to the Singapore SMB Sales team, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Represent Flexport at industry events and networking functions to promote our brand and solutions, establish connections, and create business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Singapore partners to build out an Accelerator Program for SMB clients, with the end goal of solidifying Flexport’s branding and value proposition in the local market, and organically developing a client pool.
You should have:
- 5 years of relevant experience in sales / marketing / commercial functions, preferably in the logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain technology, import/ export or international trading industries
- A strong interest in supply chain concepts; having knowledge of how industrial and product supply chains work will be advantageous
- A passion for helping SMBs and entrepreneurs grow their business.
- Proven track records in relationship management, and project/program/process management skills
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales discovery, demo meeting and a structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group internally and externally
- Strong command of English and local language
- Courage to challenge the internal and external status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.