Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
The Account Executive Team Lead at Quorum is a new logo sales manager. You will excel in the position if you are ready to dedicate yourself to coaching a sales team on fundamental sales activities (e.g., call management) and feel confident that you can build out core sales enablement infrastructure that provides a replicable formula for sales success.
What You'll Do
First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the potential Quorum client experience, gain exposure to our products, and get to know 20+ dedicated Business Development team members.
First Month: You will build your understanding of Quorum’s seven major products and assortment of add-on offerings, provide side-by-side sales coaching to Account Executives on your team, and begin to rollout core sales enablement infrastructure.
First Six Months: You will establish yourself and your direct reports as trusted advisors that help prospects understand the value of our products so that they become new Quorum clients. You will develop Account Executives’ skills by providing regular feedback on key sales activities (e.g., call management, opportunity plan management) that influence sales length, win rate, and overall client satisfaction.
First Year: You will evaluate the talent pipeline and apply a combination of coaching and recruiting to build a team that is able to meet or exceed quotas associated with new client acquisitions. You will play an important role in growing a start-up and establishing Quorum as a market leader in Washington, DC.
- You have experience overseeing new logo sales for subscription services with a $5k–100k Average Sales Price (ASP) and are eager to deliver an experience at a start-up where our customers’ success = our success
- You take pride in coaching 8-person teams of field sales representatives to meet or exceed sales quotas
- You live and breathe sales representative development—shadowing sales demos, giving feedback on how to successfully approach territories, and providing suggestions on how to move deals forward gets you almost as excited as a morning cup of coffee (or tea!)
- You are comfortable hitting the phones and providing a live product demonstration where you use a consultative or value-based sales approach
- You know what you are looking for when hiring sales representatives and find joy in creating diverse and inclusive team environments
- You inspire and motivate team members to develop and follow an outreach cadence that delivers recurring value to the client and drives predictable expansion revenue
- You will really catch our attention if you have a track record of building high-performance sales representatives who deliver predictable revenue
About the Business Development Team
- We are proud to serve as the first-impression about what it is like to work with Quorum
- We strive to understand our buyers’ challenges and recommend the best possible solutions that enable them to achieve their goals
- We earn clients’ trust by taking an intentionally respectful approach to competition
- We foster a supportive environment where peer-to-peer feedback helps drive personal and professional growth
- We understand and appreciate that our work is a critical driver for annual company growth
Our Work Environment
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least January 31, 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting.
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- Base Compensation: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 (commensurate with experience)
- Target Sales Incentives: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 in commission
- On Target Earnings: $130,000.00 – $160,000.00