Disqus is the world’s leading commenting platform installed by millions of publishers, we’ve built a growing community platform and a native monetization solution for publishers. We’re looking for an analytical sales oriented person to work on one of the largest native ad exchanges. This is an opportunity to join a team that is scaling an advertising business.
This is a full-time position in San Francisco, CA
What you'll do
- Collaborate closely with our business partners to understand business goals, develop effective optimization strategies, and lean heavily on data analysis to analyze yield.
- Consult with clients to offer recommendations and best practices for campaign performance.
- Provide ongoing account management support to internal teams and client to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Gather and understand market feedback to communicate to our Product organization.
- Be able to analyze partner yield and make data based decisions on which partners to include and which partners to exclude from delivery.
What we're looking for
- Minimum 3 years experience developing and growing advertiser partnerships.
- Strong track record managing online advertising programs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and optimize performance programmatic revenue sources.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Proven ability and desire to interface with clients both remotely and face to face to provide timely and consistent service.
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to proactively solve problems.
- Experience working with publisher and demand side clients a definite plus.
- Understand the ins and outs of the programmatic advertising world and operate with a desire to work on the partner side of the business.
- Ability to absorb Disqus’ publisher footprint and make decisions about publisher mix to satisfy partner needs - IOW, be able to package up inventory and make recommendations based on available inventory to increase revenue upside.
- Undergraduate degree from a top university; MBA a plus
What you’ll get from us
- The opportunity to make enormous impact on our business. We boast one of the largest user to employee ratios in the biz (hovering around 22 million users per employee!)
- A chance to join a community of people who are passionate about great discussions -- and are building the best place on the web to talk about things that matter.
- A company culture that values learning from one another, exhibiting a generous spirit, and bringing our authentic selves to work. Our collective breadth of experience allows us to make a bigger impact -- we are greater than the sum of our parts.
- Generous total compensation packages for each employee. Some highlights include fully-covered health, dental and vision plans; flexible work hours and unlimited PTO, including up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave; and competitive salary and stock options.
- Perks to keep you at your best, including daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen, weekly in-office yoga and massage, a bountiful equipment and workstation policy, and access to resources to help you learn, from a learning stipend to a well-stocked library.
- Great office location in SoMa, which is easily accessible by BART, MUNI, Caltrain and Transbay buses.
We love the internet, and the colorful characters and interesting conversations that make up its diverse communities. Disqus exists to make better communities and an even better web. Today, our product ecosystem includes our established comment network (over 3 million websites that cover pretty much any topic imaginable), a growing programmatic advertising marketplace, and our owned and operated platform. Originally founded in 2007 by CEO Daniel Ha and CTO Jason Yan, we’re changing the way people get into discussions about the things they love -- or are just curious about. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.