The Account Manager / Customer Service Representative is responsible for ensuring absolute truckload coverage of customer-awarded freight according to corporate contracts. This includes close oversight of all internal activities that impact service obligations (carrier performance, last minute customer requests, resolution of delayed pickup/delivery, billing, etc.).
Because this position is responsible for the growth and retention of dedicated opportunities, all direct and extended functions of this role are critical to maintaining a competitive edge and preserving the overall integrity of company services.
ACCOUNT MANAGER / CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE ROLE:
- Work in conjunction with other internal departments to achieve territorial balance of capacity and freight
- Solicit additional freight opportunities to eliminate empty miles when necessary
- Research and attempt to remedy service issues on a daily basis
- Relay excess load availability to Brokerage and Rail divisions
- Review EDI data for accuracy before releasing verifications to the customer
ACCOUNT MANAGER ? CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE PROFILE:
- 3+ years of related customer service experience within the transportation industry
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel functions is required; some familiarity with AS/400 operating system is ideal
- Ability to perform in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Extremely organized and communicative
- Some knowledge of time/distance geography is ideal
- Ability to handle high volumes of inbound and outbound email
ABOUT STEVENS TRANSPORT
Valued by a wide range of Fortune 500 ® companies, the specialized nature of temperature-controlled logistics places Stevens Transport among the most elite contributors to the modern supply chain. With a network of operations spanning North America, our competencies today include regional, dedicated, intermodal, tanker, and 3PL services. Beyond capacity-driven operations, Stevens Transport injects an unmatched integrity into a corporate business model that reflects more than 35 years of consistent growth and success.