Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible.
Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to- peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always be fun, exciting, and performance-driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and cultivating our existing client base to ensure our customers are completely satisfied with Classy and our platform. The ideal candidate will have a non-profit fundraising background with a proven track record in exceeding customer expectations through customer success management, account management, or consulting experience.
Your Day to Day:
- Increase retention of clients year over year
- Build relationships with multiple contacts with each organization you work with to drive adoption and retention, primarily through regular and proactive contact
- Continually work towards a better understanding of client needs and how Classy can provide greater value to the organization
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to assess common issues, track product needs and fit, and develop meaningful, professional client-facing content to retain clients
- Overcome objections with clients regarding platform features
- Be an insightful leader in online fundraising best practices
- Build strong relationships with current clients understanding their organization and fundraising goals as well as growing revenues on the platform
- Provide excellent customer service and client satisfaction to ensure our clients continue to use the platform year over year
- Provide “best practice” assistance to drive fundraising success for existing and future campaigns
- Analyze client business for new opportunities, suggesting campaigns and events, and presenting market-specific content valuable to client growth
- Ability to identify at-risk clients, product and client training gaps, and escalate potential risks or challenges in order to retain client business
What you bring to the table:
- Experience and success in a fundraising or marketing role in the nonprofit sector preferred
- Advanced project management, account management, or customer success skills and including objection-handling and conflict management skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Thrive in an environment where you can be resourceful, adapt, and respond quickly to change
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make sound decisions under the position guidelines
- Ability to collaborate as a productive and active team member
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Generous paid-time off (vacation/sick), along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the last Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Car2Go Allowance
- Supplemental Health/Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Pet friendly office
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.