At Thorn, our cause is our code. We are a nonprofit whose mission of defending children from sexual exploitation and abuse is deeply embedded within our core—a shared code that drives us to do challenging work with resilience and determination.
Here, you’ll work and grow among the best hearts and the best minds in tech, data, and business alongside our network of independent partners, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. Together, we’re focused on building technology that protects children’s futures. We are looking for dynamic problem solvers with the desire to help address some of today’s toughest issues. You'll collaborate with a diverse group of peers in a remote environment centered on wellness, care, and compassion.
In 2019, we took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet. Come join us to help make this goal a reality and build a world where every child can be safe, curious, and happy.
About the Role:
The Account Manager is the primary business contact for Safer customers once a contract has been signed and committed. They will act as a client advocate and work with others within the Thorn organization to ensure that customer needs are understood and satisfied. This includes stewarding customers through onboarding, nurturing renewals, troubleshooting when needed, and upselling customer commitments. They will play a critical part in the team working to build a recurring revenue stream that ensures the long-term sustainability of Thorn’s work to eliminate child sexual abuse online.
What You’ll Do:
- Build relationships with clients based on trust and respect, seeking to understand their needs while reinforcing Safer’s product value
- Be the client advocate, owning all aspects of post Sales customer experience: shepherding on-boarding, billing inquiries, communicating new product features/upgrades, troubleshooting, and ensuring renewal
- Nurture renewal cycles by collecting and analyzing data that reinforces the value that Safer brings to customers every day
- Promote Thorn’s mission to protect children with passion and Safer’s solution to protect technology platforms with enthusiasm
- Monitor monthly customer usage and how it conforms to contract commitments
- Maintain updated knowledge of the customer and industry products and services
- Find and address ways to improve internal processes and customer experience
- Speak confidently to all stakeholders of a prospect’s team about how Safer’s software can be tailored to meet a variety of customer use cases, content moderation procedures, and technical infrastructure
- Keep meticulous track of client interaction activity and renewal Opportunity creation in Salesforce
- Work with cross-functional team members to share customer feedback, and trends and facilitate client need fulfillment
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of full-time Account Management, SaaS Sales, or Customer Success experience
- Clear, efficient, and thoughtful communication skills. We’re a highly-distributed team and written communication is crucial. Your great communication skills help you work with external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in CRM and database management (data entry, pulling reports, tracking customer usage, etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience with utilizing project management tools (e.g. Asana, Basecamp, etc.)
- Able to manage your own time on multiple projects, whether working independently or collaboratively with a team.
- You have a commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
Technologies We Use:
- Salesforce, Kibana, Slack, Asana,
At Thorn, we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.