Accelo is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Finance and Operations Team, based out of our Denver office but supporting our international business and worldwide client base! While working in a fast paced growing SaaS startup, this person will be responsible for our general ledger, account reconciliations, accounts receivable, revenue reporting, managing our automated billing engine, liaising with our auditors, partnering with our tax advisors and much more! Partnering up with the Director of Finance & Operations, this role provides a great opportunity to collaborate with multiple departments including; Operations, Sales and Customer Success!
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare journal entries and maintain general ledger
- Perform month-end closing duties including trial balance, reconciliations, cash to GAAP journal entries, intercompany transactions, and reporting
- Oversee the accumulation, preparation and review of detailed audit schedules and present to independent auditors
- Process and review all aspects of orders or client contracts, including pricing to ensure compliance with Company policy
- Maintain client files with sales contracts and other information
- Work directly with internal and external customers to resolve billing and contract problems/issues
- Posts account receivable payments timely and accurately
- Collaborate with management on possible revenue impacts from existing and upcoming customer contracts
- Perform necessary tasks to collect on delinquent accounts
- Converse with outside counsel on any unresolved collection issues
- Audit monthly revenue numbers to ensure correct billing and recognition
- Analyze monthly invoices and revenue results for assigned accounts
- Provide outside auditors with assistance
- Assist with special projects in the Finance Department
What you'll accomplish at Accelo:
Within your first month you'll:
- Understand Accelo’s accounting system (Xero), including navigation, reporting, chart of accounts, and our financial statements
- Work closely with the Director of Finance to understand our month end close process and identify strengths and weaknesses related to efficient and accurate financial reporting
- Build relationships with your peers in Customer Success and People Operations as well as the executive leaders who support you and your team
- Gain a high-level understanding of the Accelo product through direct training and self-paced onboarding materials
Within your first quarter you'll:
- Successfully run month end close with the support of the Director of Finance
- Enhance our accounting process documentation and begin to implement improvements to our accounting processes
- Develop a working relationship with our independent auditors and subsequently collect and submit audit schedules as required to successfully kick off our 2019 fiscal year audit
- Make recommendations to improve the financial health of the organization
- Begin to support our accounts receivable and order entry associate on billing inquiries
- Analyze accounts receivable and institute a policy and process for managing delinquent accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field/experience (CPA qualification a highly desirable bonus).
- Proficient understanding of GAAP guidelines (ASC 606 knowledge and experience a big plus)
- Self-starter that takes initiative with a thorough knowledge of applicable accounts receivable & accounting/finance department procedures
- Experience with Xero or similar cloud-based accounting systems
- Proficiency in Excel/GSheets
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail (measure twice, cut once) and goal oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Commitment to excellent service to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in Startup or Fast Paced Environment and comfort with creating your own processes, priorities and high standards.
Why you'll love working here:
Accelo is a SaaS business automation tool for SMB professional services organization. We help small and medium businesses get back to the work that they love. At Accelo, we thrive on creating a fun, productive, and comfortable work environment. We play hard and work hard - after all, it’s a start up! If you can handle a ping-pong paddle, enjoy working in an open collaborative environment and want to take part in our Friday lunch parties, then we want to meet you.
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing company with a clear vision to scale in the Denver area.
- A fun, creative and collaborative work environment with playful yet hyper-motivated peers.
- Amazing benefits including fully covered individual healthcare, RTD EcoPass for convenient and environmentally conscious commutes, Friday social activities, and more!
- 360 degree views of the Rockies, city, and skyline from the 12th floor of a centrally located downtown office with a world class gym and bicycle storage.
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks, a plethora of caffeinated options, and Friday catered lunch, just don’t blame us if you gain a pound or two :-)
- Accelo is committed to hiring a diverse workforce as it helps us make better decisions, succeed faster, and better serve our global clients.