Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use software. (And that’s what we
did / do / will keep on doing.) We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software. We
make better, more usable tools for teaching and learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better
connected and more open edtech ecosystem. And more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access
education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by
giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager who will play a key role in our Procurement and Accounts
Payable department. This role will be responsible for process and accounting management covering
procurement and accounts payable for all subsidiaries globally. This role will be located in our Salt Lake office and will report to the Senior Accounting Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Driving timely completion of month-end duties and schedules.
- Researching monthly budget-to-actual variances.
- Manage reconciliations, both preparation and review.
- Preparing ad hoc financial analysis.
- Providing accounting support for planned expansion in new territories.
- Providing accounting support for acquisitions.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of process, procedures and priorities for the procure to pay function of the accounting department.
- Providing support for SOX compliance and company policies.
- Owning of processes and initiating improvements as needed.
- Support and training the accounting team as needed.
- Managing direct reports.
Here's what you will need to know/have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance.
- Master’s Degree and CPA preferred.
- 5-7 years accounting experience; International experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Strong MS Office and Accounting system skills (NetSuite, Workday, etc.)
- Proactive problem solver.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.