Tickets.com, an MLB company, delivers innovative, cutting-edge technologies to enable frictionless and unforgettable fan experiences in venues across the globe. Together with MLB, Tickets.com is changing the landscape of the live sports and entertainment industry, delivering new digital venue and ticketing experiences to millions of fans. Our Technology team builds platforms and products that provide a new smart ticketing solution and venue experience. Using cutting-edge technology, our platform and applications are consumed by fans, stadiums, and MLB teams.
We are assembling a world-class team to build on these experiences and to scale platforms and products that anticipate emerging opportunities, including dynamic pricing and offers and digital, contactless ticketing. Our mission is to provide premium, innovative live experiences for our clients and their patrons.
Tickets.com is looking for an Accounting Manager passionate about building engaging products for our fans.
The Opportunity: This position is responsible for supervising accounting staff and ensuring the timely and accurate financial reporting and operation of the accounting department. Additional responsibilities include the timely closing of the books at month’s end, managing the annual audit, and ensuring company compliance with GAAP.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all operational areas of the accounting department: accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
- Manage and develop accounting staff (two or three)
- Responsible for month-end and year-end closes, maintaining tight deadlines, creating financial statements, cash reconciliations, and other scheduled activities.
- Operate automated systems, including ERP/financial system, travel and expense report system, and time tracking system.
- Manage annual audit process and state audits as needed.
- Coordinate accounting functions and policies with remote locations and corporate parent offices.
- Supervise fixed asset records and accounting.
- Manage tax reporting and compliance, including federal and state filings for multiple entities. Work with outside services and parent office.
- General Ledger maintenance and account reconciliations.
- Continually review accounting processes, including working with other departments, to streamline and improve operations.
- Other accounting duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business or accounting, CPA a plus
- Five or more years experience in a corporate accounting environment and mid-range automated financial systems, experience with MAS500 beneficial
- Two or more years of supervisory experience
- Experience with payroll, cash management, taxes, and labor/expense capitalization.
- Experience with annual accounting audits
- Experience with accounting in a multiple-entity company and transfer pricing a plus.
- Above average skills using Microsoft Office software, including Excel and Access
- Experience with a software development company a plus
- Must be willing and able to work independently on assigned projects
- Strong initiative with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, including prioritization and follow-through
- Good oral and written communication skills
Pay Range: $120-160K
We offer an Outstanding Benefits Package that includes:
- STD & LTD
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & AD&D
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO, STO, Holidays including Year-End Holiday Break)
- HSA & FSA
- Legal Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- MLB Tickets
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please click here to view our CCPA.