Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We’re on the hunt for current Accounting students to join us as Customer Experience Specialists to take ownership and challenge yourselves to provide exceptional support to our customers across the globe.
- Are you heading into your 2nd or 3rd year of your Accounting degree in 2023?
- Are you looking for a part-time role where you can apply the accounting principles you’re learning?
- Want to learn real-life skills that will help you build a career after uni?
We are a group of passionate and experienced accounting specialists. We love delivering world-class support to small businesses and accountants around the globe, empowering them to #dobeautifulbusiness
How do we do this?
Our customers contact us online and we usually respond the same way, however, sometimes it’s easier to talk to someone through their questions over the phone, giving them a beautiful support experience. Through these interactions with our customers, we educate them to make sure they get the best out of our software.
But that’s not it, to ensure we deliver world-class support, we continually encourage our team to learn and flourish by providing opportunities to upskill and specialise in the areas that interest them. There is even the chance to complete your CPA through Xero. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated.
Sounds good, right? It gets better...
The best teams deserve the best, so from a beautiful environment (table tennis and barista coffee included) to extensive benefits including company shares and flexible working, we love rewarding our people. You’ll feel at home here. Leave your suit in the wardrobe (it’s all smart casual) and start loving Mondays again.
Now over to you… what you’ll bring:
- Students that have completed at least one year towards their accounting degree
- Fast learners, with an aptitude for technology
- Previous customer service, accounting or bookkeeping experience a major plus!
- Able to start early January 2023
- High level of attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Fantastic communication skills - both written and verbal
- Initiative and ability to self-manage
- A team player attitude, you love to collaborate and proactively assist other team members
- And most of all, you’ll have fun while doing it!
What you need to know:
- You must be available to start work in early January for full time training Monday to Friday for eight weeks until you transition into part-time hours when you return to uni.
- Our part-time roles are 20 hours per week consisting of mostly weekday evening shifts with some weekend shifts. This is designed to work flexibly around your full time study during the week.
- In return, we’ll offer you a role with great training & development and long term progression opportunities. We have an awesome team environment that not only offers pool tournaments, table tennis and free fruit & soft drinks but also encourages you to challenge yourself to be the best you can be!
If this sounds like you, apply now! We’d love to hear from you. You must provide a CV, cover letter and academic transcript.
Applications close October 31st and Assessment Centres will be held mid-November (post exams) for an early January start.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.