Peek is looking for a detail-oriented and strategic individual to assist with our general accounting and business operation needs. We’re still a small team, so there is an opportunity to have a significant impact in this role. The position is ideal for candidates seeking business operations experience at an exciting early stage travel technology startup with substantial traction. Recent university graduates who majored in accounting, finance, or general business are encouraged to apply. This paid position will be a contract-to-hire position. Part-time to start (20-30 hrs/week) with an opportunity to move into a full-time role.
- Serve as the primary Peek contact with vendors for accounting, billing, and payment-related questions
- Prepare Excel-based payment statements for partners and past statements upon request from partners
- Communicate daily with vendors for any additional financial information that may be needed
- Work closely with Accounting staff to share best practices and offer strategic suggestions to better improve processes
- BA/BS degree from a top university; 1 – 3 years work experience in accounting/finance preferred
- Detail-oriented; substantial experience with Microsoft Excel required
- Excellent communication skills, with a friendly yet professional demeanor in both verbal and written communication, as this position requires close contact with our Partners
- Proactive and able to work autonomously when necessary; however, also being able to work collaboratively in a team is critical
- Ability to see the “big picture”, i.e., think strategically about processes and offer findings & suggestions for improvement to senior management
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Adaptable, with the skill to change priorities quickly and work well under pressure
- A passion for travel!