Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist. Under the direction of the Accounts Payable Lead, the AP Specialist will complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling check requests and invoices in a timely manner.
- Processes invoices and check requests.
- Reviews all invoices and check request for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Pays vendors and customers by verifying vehicle information; scheduling and preparing checks; resolves discrepancies with check requests, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or adjustments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by accurately posting account transactions.
- Answers phones as needed.
- Acts as backup for other Team members in the Accounting office.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent clerical or work-related experience.
- Must be attentive to detail and have general math skills.
- Strong data entry abilities.
- Must communicate professionally with all levels, customers, vendors, and Team members.
- Flexibility for overtime a must.
- Individual should be able to meet deadlines under pressure.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.