When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 24 billion digitized global historical records, 100 million family trees, and 16+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain actionable insights about their health and wellness. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
This contract position is primarily responsible for processing chargebacks and assisting with other accounts receivable duties. This position requires a person who performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized and demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals.
What You'll Do:
- Respond and Dispute Chargebacks in Multiple Credit Card Processors
- Process chargebacks and reversals including reconcile and adjust transactions related to exceptions in Oracle
- Enter debit memos in Oracle for Lost/Disputed Chargebacks
- Respond to credit card inquiries
- Maintain monthly chargeback reconciliations for multiple credit card processors
- Provide Monthly Stats Reports for Chargebacks
- Provide responses to customer and internal inquiries in a timely manner
- Work with customer service center to resolve account discrepancies including processing potential refunds or credits
- Assist with collections including emailing and contacting customers that are past due with their accounts
- Post customer payments by recording cash, ACH, checks and credit card transactions in Oracle AR
- Prepare and record bank deposits
- Proficiency with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Continually analyze processes for possible improvements or issues, proactively identifying and proposing solutions.
Who You Are:
- Motivated, energetic team player who is eager to learn and contribute to the team;
- 1 to 3 years of accounts receivable and credit card processing experience;
- Experience in Oracle R12 Order Management and AR
- Experience with credit card processors and chargebacks (American Express, Discover, Worldpay/Vantiv, Paypal, Bank of America)
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Self-starter who will act independently and fulfill responsibilities with minimal supervision;
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and balance multiple responsibilities;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to work with customers, employees, etc. in a professional manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means