About the Team
The UK Commercial team are responsible for generating advertising revenue across all disciplines - including digital, print, events and awards. Our sales people have a reputation for being entrepreneurial and delivering exceptional service to our clients and advertising agencies. They are experts in the verticals in which they work and are adaptable, flexible and embrace a challenge. We have a strong work ethic and determinedly go the extra mile to ensure we hit our targets.
In addition to the sales team, we have support teams of ad operations, creative solutions, project management, programmatic, product development and marketing.
Our sales people are trusted to account manage regular spending clients but also to spot new business opportunities for broadening existing client spend and attracting new advertisers through agencies and clients. This can be both within their own vertical but also, importantly. across the entire Future business.
Please note, this role can be based in London or remotely in the UK.
To understand and embrace the vision and strategy as set out by the Head of Commercial, playing a vital role in the execution of the strategy, collaborating with key stakeholders across the business. You will manage and motivate the individual colleagues within the sales team and play a pivotal role in creating a team spirit to deliver maximum revenues.
- You will play a vital role in the execution of the strategy to drive advertising revenues by an incremental at minimum 10%+ growth YoY (from digital, events, print, CS etc).
- You will manage the team’s task work-flow, KPI’s, motivate, coach and mentor the team. Hold effective 1-2-1’s and team meetings plus on the job training to get optimum revenue performance, and the best out of the individuals on the team.
- You will work with the Head of Commercial to optimise revenues for all digital, print, CS, trading, events and awards revenues, for all brands and audience sales opportunities within the vertical/s.
- You will engage with other teams and internal stakeholders including editors and Brand Directors to ensure your vertical is supported where appropriate to deliver your strategy and revenues.
- Actively coach the team to increase performance, set goals, objectives and KPIs and manage underperformance through KPI management.
- Motivate, inspire and drive the sales team to deliver maximum revenues in a professional, united and harmonious way linking all we do to Future’s values.
- In conjunction with your HoC or AD, Produce accurate quarterly, monthly and weekly revenue forecasts that enable the CRO to manage the overall commercial organisation.
- Detailed pipeline management to ensure that targets are achieved, flag potential risks and opportunities and work with team and other teams to achieve all budgets.
- Capable of supporting the management of multiple verticals on one large £5m+ vertical
What do I need to succeed?
- You will have some of your own clients to account manage and in addition to this, you will have a good profile in the industry both in advertising agencies and with client companies at a mid, and where possible a senior level to be able to influence deals and commercial partnerships.
- Good people management skills including motivational 1-2-1’s and team meetings. Goal setting and monitoring to ensure the team hit individual and team targets.
- Internal & external stakeholder management
- Excellent client and agency relationships and profile in core sector
- Ability to develop client revenues in UK and internationally when required to develop new business
- Excellent trading and creative solutions knowledge and ability in digital, print and events
- Ability to devise and implement sales tactics to deliver the strategy so as to hit revenue targets by month and by quarter across all budget lines
- Brand/audience management: Ensure we are managing and marketing our brands and audiences to ensure we are maximising strategic and tactical commercial advertising revenue opportunities
- Have good knowledge and understanding on the creative capabilities, pricing, packaging and delivery of digital advertising, cross media creative solutions events, awards and print advertising to ensure we are maximising revenues across the vertical
- Yield management: Ensure we are selling digital and print advertising at the appropriate rates to maximise profitability and deliver our business goals
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Central office locations with cool open plan working spaces
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues