Quimbee is growing! We’re looking to add a full-time administrative assistant to our core team.
This position is 100% remote. All you need is an internet connection and a quiet place to work.
Founded in 2007, Quimbee is one of the most widely used and respected study aids for law students. With a massive and growing library of case briefs, video lessons, definitions, and practice questions, Quimbee helps its members achieve academic success in law school and beyond. Quimbee can be accessed on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
We're looking for a full-time administrative assistant to help us manage that library and achieve our mission. This is an entry-level role, but make no mistake, this is a position of great trust and responsibility.
- You will manage all aspects of importing the content created by our authors and editors onto the website and other outlets and into the hands of our students. Your responsibilities will include preparing source files (typically Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel files) for import, following specific technical procedures to ensure content is imported without errors, and running quality-assurance checks once the import process is complete.
- You will also be charged with preparing and uploading videos onto our video-hosting site and YouTube, as well as adding closed captioning for greater accessibility.
- In addition, you will be charged with other essential administrative tasks, such as data entry and occasionally shipping items to team members.
- From time to time, you may also be asked to help out with administrative tasks related to conferences and events, social media posts and email campaigns, and other tasks as needed.
In short, you will be a jack-of-all-trades who helps keep the trains running on time.Who You Are
- A detail-oriented, tech-savvy, self-starter: You’re comfortable with technology generally and eager to learn. You’re disciplined and motivated, the kind of person who doesn’t need someone looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re doing your job.
- A doer: You are the kind of person who never says no to a challenge, for whom no job is too big or small.
- A lifelong learner: You are eager to learn new things, adaptable in the face of change, and extremely comfortable with technology (different devices, systems, software platforms, etc.).
- An excellent communicator: You communicate clearly, effectively, and politely with your teammates. In fact, you believe in “overcommunicating,” because you understand that lack of communication is the root cause of a dysfunctional team.
- A fun person: You don’t lose your cool. You bring out the best in the people around you. You don’t take yourself too seriously. You can make and take a joke.
- Bachelor's degree
- Native fluency in English
- Proficiency with technology and an eagerness to learn new platforms
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A working computer
- High-speed internet connection
- A degree in business, communications, or a technology-related field
- Graduation at the top of your class
- Experience working at a website
- 100% remote. That’s one of the biggies. No more commute!
- Profit share. We set aside a percentage of profits each year and then pay them out across the entire team.
- Group health insurance coverage.
- 401k matching up to 4% (100% matching up to 3% and 50% between 3% and 5%).
- Unlimited paid time off. Our philosophy is that if you feel you need time off (for example, because of overwork, sickness, personal matters, etc.), we’re not going to question that. We just ask that you don’t abuse it and that you give us at least two weeks’ notice if you plan to be away.