Twilio is seeking a talented Administrative Assistant to support our Sales & Business Operations organization.
About the job:
Do you have proven success thriving in a fast-paced, high growth environment with the ability to drive great results? Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication and collaboration abilities, great organizational and follow-through skills, and able to work well cross-functionally. We are looking for a “culture keeper” for the Sales/Authy department.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Scheduling: Assist with calendaring, travel and accommodations for the Sales Leadership, Business Operations, and Corporate Development when needed.
Facilities/Equipment: Work with facilities and employee experience team members as required to prepare for internal and external meetings. Ensure appropriate physical logistics.
Administrative: Schedule and set up video conference for regional forecast calls, manage on-boarding of new hires reporting to the Sales Leadership team, work closely with recruiting to schedule Sales interviews, process expense reports for VP and Sales department credit card.
Other Duties: Work closely with members of our management team and Shared Services to execute company-wide projects (i.e. quarterly and annual planning processes).
- Special projects as needed.
- 1-4 years experience supporting Directors or VPs.
- A humble, reliable and positive team player with strong interpersonal communication skills, organization and planning abilities, follow-through, detail-orientation, process orientation, adaptability, and a relentless focus on results.
- Proficiency and desire to learn and use the latest computer and cloud-based software tools to improve department efficiency. Examples include video conferencing, collaborative tools and Keynote.
- The ability to juggle multiple issues, projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Understands and exemplifies the company’s nine core and strategic values.
- A high degree of discretion, judgment, tact and poise; comfortable interacting with Board members and other executives. Must demonstrate integrity while handling confidential information.
- Macintosh proficiency preferred, including excellent Keynote, Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Experience scheduling in Google Calendar and Google Apps.
- Willing and interested in developing strong cross-functional relationships and a desire to learn what learning opportunities work at Twilio.
- Outgoing, energetic, fun, smart, creative, and collaborative thinker.
- A bachelor's degree or higher highly desirable.
- Prior experience supporting Sales is a plus.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST