We believe human connections are an integral part of unlocking the magic of technology, so we’ve set out to change the way people buy and receive technology products by adding back the human touch. Enjoy was founded by Ron Johnson, the former head of Apple Retail, as well as other former Apple design and retail executives.
When you buy with Enjoy, your tech purchase will be delivered by a highly trained Enjoy Expert. Our Experts will meet you wherever and whenever you want, offering both speed and a personalized experience. Your Expert will then spend up to an hour helping you get set up with your new product, and even show you a few tips and tricks.
About the role
We’re looking for a leader to build our company merchandise planning and inventory management department from scratch as we scale up. When a customer orders a product with Enjoy, they get to pick the time and place to have their product hand-delivered and set up. Our teams rely on inventory availability and scheduling operational excellence as the backbone for success. This ensures that the right Expert receives the right product and arrives at the customer’s requested place and time. We need a seasoned planning leader to build and refine our product planning, in-season forecasting and inventory demand processes and tools.
- Initiate and drive with Finance and Business Development the creation of sales, gross margin and inventory plans that support long range planning, annual operating budgeting, merchandise planning and inventory management
- Design and manage in-season monthly performance forecasts, merchandise open to buy, and inventory receipt flow at the Partner, product and market level
- Work in conjunction with Business Development and Supply Chain & Logistics to manage in-season business, and achieve sales and profit objectives
- Own and manage the sales and operations planning process
- Develop and refine company and market inventory policies to maximize customer service while balancing inventory and capital productivity
- Determine demand forecasting approach inclusive of product launch strategy
- Build and manage a world-class merchandise planning, forecasting, and inventory management team
- Define and report on KPIs critical to measuring and driving supply / demand planning performance
- Innovate with Analytics and Finance partners to create an integrated and fluid approach to inventory management
- 10+ years of planning, inventory management and allocation experience
- Master’s degree and a background in economics a plus
- Experience designing and leading sales and operations planning process
- Strong leadership presence amongst cross functional teams
- Proven track record of attracting, training, and developing strong talent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of building tools and processes and leveraging partnerships and infrastructure to run a high-performing, multi-market supply / demand planning function
- Problem-solving and analytical skills tested in volatile or high-growth environments
- Confidence with a pioneering spirit and innovative know how
- Strong negotiator and influencer
- Comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve results