Advertising and Marketing Counsel
Who You Are:
You are a self-starter who can communicate effectively, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, ever changing environment. You are savvy in the digital media world. You can hold your own at the negotiation table and skillfully put together an impeccable contract to close the deal. You have a strong ability to identify and resolve legal issues quickly and communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
This role will based out of Whistle Sports’ headquarters in New York and reports to our Chief Operating Officer.
Primary Job Description:
Our legal practice includes all aspects of digital media, corporate governance, brand protection, licensing and intellectual property, sports marketing and advertising, content and production, and regulatory compliance. As our counsel, you will assist Whistle Sports business managers on partnerships, advertising and sponsorship agreements, and licensing and distribution deals. You will support the execution of a wide range of productions and campaigns, ensuring compliance with contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Provide full-service advertising and marketing support for Whistle Sports’ domestic and international operations.
- Establish key legal guidelines and processes for our revenue teams
- Identify, assess and inform management of legal and commercial risks / benefits of various deals; Recommend constructive solutions.
- Represent, advise and liaise with internal functions to offer counsel and explanation of legal language on a variety of legal affairs relating to advertising and marketing
- Structure, negotiate, draft and execute agreements and contracts
- Perform day-to-day legal affairs-related to:
- Review, track and manage existing contract obligations
- Regulatory Compliance
- Advertising and brand integration contracts, Review marketing collateral, Training for sales team on expediting contract process
- Create template for distribution partner agreements and syndication agreements; review existing distribution agreements; Track existing contract obligations
- Business Development
- Original content agreements; agreements with leagues and other major partners
- JD degree and active member of NY bar
- Minimum of 4-6 years prior business experience, ideally gained at a digital media company, advertising agency, network, talent agency, or entertainment or advertising law firm
- Extensive digital media counsel experience required
- Understanding of industry standards for digital rights agreements, and extensive experience of negotiating and drafting same
- Deep knowledge of entertainment industry, entertainment transactions and strong relationships within the industry
- Outstanding analytic, negotiation and legal drafting skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple matters and accommodate tight deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment; flexibility or long hours if and when necessary
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and professional manner
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player