We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
Wisk is currently seeking an Aerodynamics engineer who will take a proactive role in the design, analysis, and flight test of current and future Wisk eVTOL platforms. In this role you will predict aerodynamic environments with modern CFD codes, run in-house aircraft performance tools, and develop scripts to pre- and post-process aerodynamic data. Additionally, you will effectively collaborate with other disciplines such as GNC, Flight Test, and Loads. If you are proactive, self-directed, hands-on, and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced start-up environment, please apply!
Within 3 months you will:
- Get up to speed on the variety of tools and processes the Aerodynamics team uses to generate aerodynamic environments, loads, and performance predictions
- Begin post-processing flight test data and improving scripts to automate flight test data analysis
Within 6 months you will:
- Compare flight test data to current models and identify areas of improvement
- Perform and implement Aerodatabase updates with reduced flight test data
- Run in-house tools to update performance predictions
- Make recommendations to continually improve our processes and aircraft
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or another relevant discipline
- 3+ years of aerodynamics experience working on complex aerospace systems
- Strong knowledge of aircraft aerodynamics and fundamentals
- Experience developing and implementing Aerodynamic Databases
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, MATLAB, and Fortran) and automation
- Knowledge of Aircraft Certification Processes and Standards (FAA Part 23 and 25)
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or another relevant discipline
- 5+ years of aerodynamics experience working on complex aerospace systems
- FAA certification program experience, Part 23 or Part 27 experience preferred
- Experience or coursework in rotorcraft aerodynamics
- Experience with aircraft and/or rotorcraft controls
- Experience analyzing flight test data and parameter identification using SIDPAC or similar tools
- Experience with planning, supporting, or analyzing wind tunnel and/or flight tests
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.