SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
SiriusXM is looking for a strong collaborative team player to work in fast paced environment. The individual is responsible for supporting the infrastructure and applications deployed in Agile environment in SiriusXM CV on-premise and AWS cloud platform. The candidate will be responsible for active monitoring of environments and work with development teams to ensure uptime/stability. This also includes responsibilities surrounding all infrastructure support including application monitoring, software build infrastructure, and software support servers. The candidate should have a penchant for solving tough technical problems, and a dedication to ensuring high-availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform custom application maintenance including debugging, installing new application releases on both cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Successfully install and configure JEE Application servers (Tomcat, JBoss) and provide application server best practices for development teams as needed;
- Administration of CI/CD tools such as, CloudBees (Jenkins), Bitbucket, nexus and Jira.
- Implements procedures to ensure data integrity, configuration control, and systems reliability and availability.
- Install, assemble, and deploy J2EE applications using Ansible and Jenkins (CloudBees) and configure automated deployment processes using custom CI/CD pipelines
- Administer, maintain, remediate, and support deployed applications in cloud based micro-services architecture.
- Interfaces with other team members, including cross-functional teams and business users.
- Expected to use end to end methodologies when managing systems and applications.
- Responsible for determining the root cause of outages in the environment.
- You will use professional concepts and company policies & procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems creatively and practically.
- All other duties and projects assigned.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Equivalent experience will be evaluated and considered
- 8+ years of Application Administration experience in a 24x7 services provider environment.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in DevOps environment.
- 2+ years of experience developing highly scalable and reliable software systems on AWS.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong Agile Development & DevOps background with familiarity with CI/CD toolsets.
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving and changing.
- Must have previous environment support experience; ideally in 24x7 rotation.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience (2-4 years) with AWS cloud platform, services, security, functions and processes.
- Experience with cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS (ECS, EC2, ECR, Lambda, VPC, S3, RDS and IoT).
- Extensive experience in administration (Install & Upgrades) of CI/CD tools such as, CloudBees (Jenkins), Bitbucket, Nexus, SonarQube and Jira.
- Experience in Configuration tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt.
- Experience with cloud deployment using Jenkins continuous deployment pipeline by following DevOps best practices
- Experience with development in an agile workflow utilizing TDD/BDD best practices in a continuous integration environment.
- Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software release process.
- Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Scripting Knowledge such as Python, Perl and Groovy.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice