We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Delivering a flawless user experience is the foundation for all of our products and services across the company. We are looking for a junior delivery manager to be part of the team designing, managing, and maintaining our consumer experiences and internal tools. We are looking for someone to work with 2-3 cross-functional teams at Babylon. You will be responsible for facilitating collaboration across complex cross team projects. You will be able to use your leadership skills to help teams and individuals collaborate and communicate in effective and sustainable ways.
- Owns delivery for one design system squad and assists delivery across accessibility and consumer apps teams
- Assist the squad in achieving their goals and reports on their progress
- Communicates and keeps the squad focussed and goal orientated working on projects at a cross company initiative level
- Collaborates across teams to deliver a range of project types including short MVPs and longer term projects
- Collects feedback and works with the squad to improve delivery
- Identifies blockers for the squad and suggests ways to overcome these
- Can actively remove or minimise risks, issues or dependencies where possible. Understand how the risks, issues or dependencies impact the work of a squad
- Assist with scheduling and facilitating squad meetings, ensuring that outcomes and actions are captured and progress is tracked
- Support teams to enhance their delivery or resolve a conflict or problem.
Key Skills Required:
- Has general knowledge of agile ceremonies (standup, retros, refinement...) and artefacts (Product backlog, product increment)
- Knowledge of squad dynamics that build cross functional self organising squads
- Understands the theory of servant-leadership and how different styles can influence a squad
- Ability to understand squad processes around Design, QA, CI/CD, development to understand where improvements could be made
- Appreciation of how our business works, particularly in relation to the project / product supported
- Appreciation of the Compliance and Regulatory framework in which the company operates
- Any agile certifications will be an advantage.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- At least 2 years experience as a scrum master or project manager within technical teams.
- Experience in coaching for high performance.
- Extensive experience of applying Scrum/Kanban frameworks.
- Passionate about Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, XPAwareness and experience with successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Testing and Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing, Experience of Agile metrics, retrospective formats and tools for improvement
- Comfortable with data and analytics
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Confidence in communication and mentoring skills
- Experience in a highly-regulated industry is a bonus
We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, we have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Our mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping us bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all.