Traditional corporate cards were designed to make you spend more with complex rewards programs that encourage wasteful spending. In contrast, Ramp’s mission is to increase the lifespan of businesses with intelligence & automation designed for high-performing finance teams. We make financial rigor easy by enabling real-time visibility and understanding of every dollar spent. Over 1,000 customers are now using Ramp for over $1 billion in annualized transaction volume.
Ramp was founded in 2019 by the same team who built, scaled, and sold Paribus to Capital One. We are the fastest growing NYC startup, having achieved a unicorn valuation of $1.6 billion in less than 2 years. Ramp has raised $320 million in funding from investors including Stripe, Goldman Sachs, Founders Fund, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners and Thrive Capital, as well as over 50 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies.
About the Role
You will be a front-line manager to a group of 5-8 Account Managers who will each manage a book of 50 to 250 customers. You will be responsible for 1:1 coaching and mentoring, whilst driving the strategy of a new team. If you enjoy building teams from scratch (involved with the strategy and scaling) at a fast-growing company this role is for you. Your role will be very cross functional - working with leaders across Sales, Marketing, Ops, Risk, Product, and leadership.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a group of 5-8 Strategic Account Managers and provide daily 1:1 mentoring and coaching
- Oversee the daily activities and quota performance management of individual AM's to ensure key performance metrics are met
- Partner with Ops to create and polish existing metrics that evaluate the individual and team’s performance
- Build dashboards (in Salesforce / and other tools) to monitor the success of our customers and the performance of the team
- Hire and quickly ramp new AM's with training, including Ramp product knowledge, buyer personas, competition, tools training, and plenty of role-plays
- Contribute to the strategy of the team - you will be expected to create strategy around new processes/ideas
- Represent the AM team cross-functionally with leaders of other departments
- Establish a library of playbook resources for the AM team
- Maintain a high-performance AM Team culture and morale (work hard, play hard, rest hard)
- Review and maintain metrics to ensure accurate management reports
- Develop and execute career development and leadership
- 3+ years of experience building and leading high-performing sales or account management teams with a proven track record of success
- 5+ years of quota carrying sales or account management experience as an individual contributor
- A history of consistently performing above quota in a sales environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills demonstrated through superior communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude with a focus on having a growth mindset
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to team planning and development
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
- A strong track record of negotiating, structuring and executing complex sales agreements
- Proven ability driving process improvements by leveraging strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient in data-analytics tools like Salesforce and Excel
- You are known for your tremendous work ethic, service leadership, and commitment.
Nice to Have
- Financial services or Fintech experience is a heavy plus.
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support