The Petal mission
Petal’s mission is to bring financial opportunity and innovation to everyone.
We're pioneering a new approach to credit, enabling Petal Card* applicants to leverage their banking history, in addition to their credit history, to establish their creditworthiness. Our proprietary Cash Scoring technology takes applicants’ income, spending, and savings into account and is helping traditionally underserved consumers across the United States access honest, simple and responsible credit, even if they’ve never had it before.
We bring the same ingenuity to Petal Card products. Our simple and intuitive app gives members access to credit score tracking, budgeting tools, subscription management, and automated payment options—everything they need to make financial progress.
Now more than ever, Americans need help improving their credit safely, responsibly, and affordably. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, apply now, and let’s change this trillion-dollar industry together.
At Petal, we're looking for people with kindness, positivity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Petal, we welcome diverse perspectives from people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
*Petal Cards are issued by WebBank, Member FDIC
Data is at the core of what we do at Petal. With our proprietary cashflow underwriting model, we rely on using alternative data sources to make decisions that affect our customers’ abilities to purchase an engagement ring, go on a vacation, or even just put food on the table. We are looking for a strong data-driven analyst who is interested in working across various teams. You will help make decisions across Petal by investigating the most effective ways to acquire and engage our customers, build an enduring consumer financial services technology brand, and determine which features to prioritize. This is a key role that will help us better understand consumer behavior, now and in the future.
- Develop analyses to drive data-informed decisions and roadmap
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to determine important analytics needs for various teams, both reactively and proactively
- Explore data with curiosity to find insights and make marketing and product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more
- Design and run experiments to test and evaluate the impact of new product launches and improvements to the existing features, new channels, targeting, creative/messaging, and offers
- Build dashboards to monitor the performance of our marketing campaigns and the health and performance of our productsAssist in conducting market research and analyzing results
- Partner with Engineering to ensure proper tracking instrumentation, documentation, and monitoring of new product features and experiments
- Develop the analytical framework and models for marketing optimization and measurement across online and offline channels
- Work towards creating a metrics-driven and data-informed culture at Petal
Characteristics of a successful candidate
- 2-4 years of experience in analytics or another quantitative role
- BS/MS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Highly fluent in SQL and Excel, experience in R, Python for data analysis is a big plus
- Strong knowledge of statistics including A/B and multivariate testing and Bayesian statistics
- Conceptual knowledge of digital marketing channels such as paid search, paid media, social media, affiliates, and others is preferable
- Willingness to get your hands dirty with messy data to identify marketing opportunities and uncover insights
- Passionate and a self-starter who drives high impact projects forward with minimal guidance
- High intellectual curiosity, and enjoys sleuthing through data
- Effective communications and ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional projects between several different teams
- Resourceful and diligent in research, with an ability to identify what needs to be done and how to make it happen.
For our California employment information privacy statement, please click here