If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the people that already do.
About the team and position
This role will sit in the Infrastructure Development (IDO) team. IDO is responsible for building out the complex supply chain network that delivers Carvana cars to customers.
In this position, you will work closely with the Associate Director, Expansions & Analytics in planning and coordinating the launch of new Carvana markets, as well as optimizing locations within existing markets for delivery efficiency and capacity.
What you’ll be doing
- Researching viable expansion markets in terms of demographics, demand, supply, competition, key partners and more
- Managing the launch of new markets, including owning the project plan and coordinating tasks across Market Ops, Marketing, Logistics, Real Estate teams to ensure a timely launch
- Identify opportunities to optimize the size and locations of delivery hubs in markets
- Coordinating with Market Ops, Logistics, and Real Estate teams to move from existing market hub locations to new and/or expanded hub locations
- Other ad hoc projects to improve real estate mix and selection
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, or similar field from an accredited undergraduate institution required.
- At least 2+ years of experience working in a consulting, banking, or high-growth startup environment
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency excel modeling (mandatory) and in SQL (preferred)
- The ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, data science, and business teams and communicate across them in a clear and concise manner understood by all.
- You have the flexibility to move and shake with competing and changing priorities.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.