We are looking for an outstanding Analyst to join our Ads Business Finance & Business Planning team in New York. This person will report into the Manager FP&A and will provide the Global Free Business Unit the support required to enable informed decisions, manage risks and opportunities and achieve business objectives around Podcast, through the administration and governance of global financial projections and annual budgeting.
You will support ongoing development of the Global Ad Revenue Podcast forecasts, by building and developing a strong environment of collaboration with sales, marketing, product and finance teams and providing insights to the Sales and Finance Leadership. Our business is rapidly growing and changing. You are expected to design and execute processes, reporting and capabilities to help support this growth.
The Ads Business Unit FP&A team also manages the reporting rhythm - from daily to quarterly - as well as the global forecasting process. They help accelerate business growth through identification of levers and bottlenecks to leadership all within the framework of an ever-changing landscape. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
What you'll do:
- Develop and analyze the Revenue and Inventory Forecast generated by our ads products for quarterly forecasts and long range planning
- Work closely with Sales Operations, Pricing and Inventory to identify risks and opportunities in our Revenue forecast
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis, new product development, and assistance with other ad-hoc financial projects as needed
- Develop quantitative and data-driven analyses to provide actionable insights to the leadership
- Optimize and improve existing monthly, quarterly, & annual forecasting processes and reporting
- Create meaningful presentations and analyses that tell a story focused on insights, not just data
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve planning and reporting processes
Who you are:
- At least 2 years of experience with quantitative data analysis, finance or business/sales operations
- Experience in manipulating data sets using SQL or another programming/scripting language
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in an Ad Sales or B2B SaaS environment
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and present results to executive audiences
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle many competing requests
- Knowledge in Excel and Powerpoint, and experience with modeling and analytics
- Experience in data visualization and building scalable reporting tools
- Structured thinking, with experience framing and solving problems
- Experience building relationships across all levels of an organization and presenting to anyone from executive leadership to project teams
- System savvy, experience working with forecasting and reporting systems
- Comfortable aggregating and manipulating large data sets from multiple systems to derive insightful analysis and create financial models
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.