Spotify’s Licensing Finance group is seeking an outstanding analyst to join its team. In this role, you will partner with various functions across the business to project and analyze Spotify’s royalty payments to record labels, music publishers, and collecting societies around the world. To handle the data scale and complexity of this unique area, you will maximize se the team’s modern combination of Excel/Google Sheets and code-based infrastructure to produce sophisticated forecasts that center around accuracy, scalability, flexibility, and speed. Given the importance of royalty payments to Spotify’s business model, you will play a meaningful role in supporting and steering Spotify’s overall financial strategy through a combination of quantitative analysis, critical thinking, and data-driven insights.
What you'll do:
- Assist in delivering quarterly forecasts by building detailed royalty projection models across all countries where Spotify is live. Partner with Spotify’s Licensing and Legal functions to translate the latest information around deal negotiations into consolidated P&L expectations.
- Collaborate with the team’s Data Science function to perform testing and validation on its Python-scripted royalty consolidation model. Employ financial product and project management skills to deliver model improvements and feature enhancements that start with Excel “wireframes” and end with code-based, scalable solutions.
- Help produce a monthly actuals-to-forecast variance analysis on Spotify’s gross margin and identify practical opportunities that would increase the accuracy of Spotify’s accounting and/or financial planning practices.
- Build data sets and scalable queries that help systematize various financial analyses, as well as KPI-tracking tools and visualizations that enable senior management to make financial and strategic decisions and supervise business performance.
- Find ways to streamline and optimize current processes, using technology (Macros, BiqQuery connectors, etc.) to systematically pull and consolidate data.
- Contribute to ad hoc analyses and business case modeling that support Spotify’s FP&A, Investor Relations, and overall business planning processes.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of relevant financial modeling experience in a sophisticated and data-driven business environment. Familiarity with SaaS and/or content licensing business models is a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency, pivot tables, and macros. Experience with Tableau and SQL are a plus.
- Strong quantitative skills and business acumen, with the ability to drive projects from start to finish. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid of detail and granularity.
- Experience distilling complexity into eloquent narratives that cater to diverse audiences, especially those who are not quantitative or technical.
- Intellectual curiosity, the ability to stay organized, and a proactive approach to learning and execution. You should have an ambitious, collaborative, and “can-do” personality with a track record for nurturing strong cross-functional relationships.
Where you'll be:
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- Working hours? We operate within the local (EST) timezone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.