San Francisco, CA | Employee Experience Team | Reports to Manager, Total Rewards and People Operations
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
We're looking for someone to join our rapidly growing team as a Global Benefits and Payroll Analyst, and collaborate cross-functionally to support compensation deliverables for the business. Working with the team, you will help provide data analysis and modeling for various stakeholders, have the opportunity to work on innovative programs, and take on the toughest roadblocks in scalability to help grow Allbirds. Our ideal candidate is a highly adaptable individual who is not intimidated in the face of ambiguity, and is equal parts proactive and collaborative.
What does the job entail?
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify and recommend those that present the best value
- Implement new benefits programs
- Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes and recommend to management
- Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and rates
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain HRIS and update employee payroll records.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and help identify Allbirds' stance
- Perform plan audits when necessary
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Assist in designing and distributing materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing system to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors when necessary
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Experience maintaining payroll, HRIS and benefits plans, optimally with a minimum of 1+ years experience in benefits (though not required)
- Highly collaborative style, and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- The ability to adapt quickly and continue providing the highest level of customer service in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Advanced excel/spreadsheet skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Advanced Excel skills
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and CEBS professional designations
- Knowledge of all or some pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted Products
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Professional, employment-related, or schooling information.
Current or past job history, performance evaluations, and educational background, including grades and transcripts.
How We Use Your Information
For professional, internal analysis, or employment-related purposes, including job applications.