Last Date to Apply: 4th November, 2020
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team & You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 57 million+ customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
· Go through accounting manual to familiarize yourself with the accounting approach to be applied to each situation
· Go through consolidation manual to understand how situations are dealt with in system & get grip of dimensions used in consolidation
· Get on job training on Hyperion/GRS
· Get on job training of Oracle
· Get to learn adhoc analysis
· Take over a couple of cost centres and go through the PR/PO and costing process
· Develop understanding of the accrual process
· Develop understanding of derivatives reconciliations
· Start working on Innosys – IFRS 16 tool
· Develop understanding of our valuation models & the major components involved
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Start creating PR/PO in system as and when required
· Obtain approval from relevant stakeholders for invoice processing and PO creation
· Get ownership of connect and start coordinating with departments to ensure information is timely provided to auditors and timelines are met
· Start interaction with auditors
· Start developing adhoc analysis as per requirements
· Participate in innosys change releases & testing
· Assist in put option valuations exercise
· Prepare derivatives & GRS reconciliations
· Start preparing valuations for selected entities and discuss them with external reporting team and stakeholders
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Manage cost centre and do monthly analysis and reporting on it
· Manage budget of the assigned cost centres
· Take over Innosys from consolidation team
· Get access to the platforms on which information is to be presented & prepare information in the required formats
· Assist in preparation of EPS for standalone & consolidated books
· Perform procedures to identify related parties for various entities across Veon group and prepare disclosures for different set of financial statements
· Prepare SOX documentations
· Deal with stakeholders
· Prepare full valuations for consolidated entities and for components, ensuring that there is no exposure in financials of any components at all times
A Bit About You:
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn & has strong IFRS knowledge.
The right individual should have sound communication & analytical skills. Should be detailed oriented with ability of delivering within timeline being a must. Strong excel skills are required and knowledge of adhoc analysis is also preferred.
Strong accounting standard knowledge & application is important for this job role.
A Bit About Us:
Reporting department is responsible to complete statutory reporting for HQ entities who fall under different jurisdictions and the local GAAP at times differs from IFRS. Additionally there are requirements from local authorities to file some financial information or some other information related to some entities. This department also has to come up with entire group wide valuations, perform control testing for other departments independently, manage cost centers, perform reconciliations, manage IFRS 16 platform for group & deal with auditors and authorities in different countries pertaining to reporting.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 03 member team (excluding the department head)
· Your reporting would be to specialist valuation. The team is flexible to adopt to projects in hand so from time to time your reporting may vary.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Perform valuations of all group
· Manage cost centres
To collaborate and produce effective business results, the role requires
Quick response to changing variables in valuations and ensuring statutory financials for each component entity or group do not carry any exposure
Coordinate with stakeholders inside & outside the organization for timely completion of audits
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
Covid-19 impacts on component and group valuations
Derivatives reconciliation with treasury system
The three (03) must have past experiences the candidate should have.
Dealing with stakeholders in a tight deadline environment
Valuation models build up
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.
Smartview & adhoc analysis
Essential skills must have:
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.