“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is to deliver the best healthcare experience by putting brilliant minds, empathetic hearts and personalized technology to work to create meaningful relationships between our members and Care Partners. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright People to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: Be Purposeful, Be Authentic, Be Brave, Be Positive, Be Respectful, and Be Accountable.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health’s Analytics Team is working to push boundaries to redefine what strong analytics can accomplish in health care. The Analytics Consultant will advance the role of analytics as strategic thought partner across the business and will contribute to a culture of theory testing and data-driven decision making. The Analytics Consultant will be comfortable speaking both ‘business’ and ‘data’ with our internal teams and external vendors to understand business questions, develop ways to answer those questions, and communicate answers to stakeholders.
The Analytics Consultant job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Complete data analyses focused on risk adjustment for Individual & Family Plans, Medicare Advantage, and other product lines.
- Support the development and implementation of best in class tools and capabilities to support efforts such as: identification of diagnostic suspects, data reconciliations to limit data leakage, and drive bi-directional gap closure efforts.
- Integrate with internal business partners, share market/provider specific insights and drivers to support engagement with care delivery partners on risk adjustment initiatives.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and analyze and interpret data to provide insights.
- Bring together multiple sources of complex data to design and develop reports that answer a business question.
- Create reporting resources and datasets that are well designed, easily maintained, and
- Produce clear and concise summaries of analytical findings for consumption by a variety of audiences through a range of media: presentations, email summaries, executive summaries, and oral discussions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) or more years of analytics experience required.
- One (1) or more years of health care industry experience required.
- Experience working with medical or pharmacy claims required.
- Expertise with risk adjustment analytics strongly preferred.
- Advanced level of expertise with at least one of the following analytic tools: SQL, SAS, Excel/VBA, Tableau and/or PowerBI.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics-related field or ten (10) or more years of professional experience required.
- Expertise in analytics, statistics, data visualization, or programming.
- Dedicates exacting attention to detail and data quality.
- Eager learner, collaborative partner, easy communicator, and careful analyst.
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data.
- Willingness to mentor other team members and advance their knowledge.
BEHAVIORAL AND LEADERSHIP NORMS
· Bright Values: Lives the Bright Values. Is focused on positivity and respect in all service interactions. Is focused on bravery needed to develop a variety of skills. Not afraid to ask questions. Focus on the team’s successes, and how to support that effort.
· Collaboration: Is an effective collaborator that works well with the functional team and others in the organization to align on timelines and effective delivery of a project or task. Is solution oriented. Able to work with different personality types and teammates to overcome differences in opinion and thought to achieve common company goals.
· Delivers Results: Is results oriented. Focuses on results and the best and most efficient avenue for achieving results. Helps to create process and follows process to achieve results. Ensures thorough documentation of work and process. Works with manager on goal setting to ensure timely and high-quality work product. Is focused on managing against a predetermined set of objectives.
· Exhibits Curiosity: Focuses on learning about the business at large. Seeks to understand how they can contribute to driving the business forward and how the bigger picture works. Actively participates in his/her own career development.
· Multi-tasking: Balances multiple work projects and tasks at any given time. Alongside manager or appropriate Bright teammate, re-evaluates priorities based on changing company needs to understand what must be done today. Consistently meets deadlines.
· Service Mindset: Has an outlook that focuses on creating customer value, loyalty, and trust. Responds promptly to customer and business needs. Goes above and beyond simply providing service, to build relationships with customers and anticipate needs.
· Upward Management: While balancing multiple work projects and tasks, successfully manages expectations with appropriate project owner about capacity, challenges, and barriers to success. Is not afraid to ask for help, guidance, or feedback.
Most work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work
, Modern Healthcare
, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
Check out this great video
showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.