Double Good’s mission is to create joy. We create joy with our delectable and award-winning popcorn. We create joy with our easy-to-use fundraising platform that raises a meaningful amount of money for youth sports and activities, empowering kids to pursue their dreams. We create joy through our Kids Foundation which hosts Double Good Days events across the country to bring all-ability fun to children with special needs and their families.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product; we have a strong social mission.
In recent years, Double Good has seen 40% year over year growth, and we’re excited about our future! We’re excited about the possibility of you joining our mission. We are building a high fidelity and scalable modern data platform at Double Good. We are looking to hire a motivated Analytics Engineer to join us on the ground floor of this exciting movement. You will report directly to the Director of Data Engineering and play a pivotal role in executing our data strategy and fostering data-driven decision-making across the organization.
This role will be hybrid based out of our downtown Chicago office.
About the Role:
- Data Pipeline Development: Design, build, and maintain reliable data pipelines using dbt with Snowflake, ensuring high accessibility and quality of data for analytics.
- Data Modeling: Perform complex data modeling and optimize data assets for high quality, performance and business relevance.
- Support Data Product Development: Collaborate with analysts, data scientists and cross-functional teams to support the development of dashboards, data assets and ML apps as data products, providing actionable insights for decision-makers.
- Collaborative Work: Work closely with analysts, data scientists, data engineers and software engineers to ensure seamless integration of analytics solutions.
- Data Quality and Governance: Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of robust data quality standards, high quality documentation and governance processes
- Continuous Improvement: Conduct technical research and data profiling using Python, SQL as needed to recommend innovative data solutions that create business value
Experience & Skills We Value:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Tech-related field; Master's degree is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in Analytics / Data Engineer role with strong exposure to business facing analytics & BI
- Strong expertise in Data Transformation through building, maintaining and optimizing dbt data models along with relevant tests, and documentation
- Familiarity with multiple data warehouse architectures like Kimball, OBT, Data Vault
- Proven experience in working with large datasets with focus on efficient querying, data quality testing and automation
- Advanced expertise in SQL, intermediate or more in Python
- Familiarity with Modern Data Stack including modern BI tools, Cloud Data Warehouse (Snowflake preferred), Git version control, Data Ingestion via Fivetran et al, Data Orchestration via Airflow et al
- Demonstrable growth mindset in keeping up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends in data and analytics engineering
- Good communication skills with an ability to translate complex technical concepts for non-technical audiences
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
Nice to Have and/or You'll Learn:
- Familiarity with modern Data Governance principles
- Experience building data systems that scale at a hyper-growth startup
- Experience with Manufacturing industries and ERP will be advantageous
Join Double Good and be part of an innovative and high-growth organization, where you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of our Data & Analytics team and make a meaningful impact on the success of our unique fundraising platform.
We’re on a mission to create more joy in people’s lives, and that includes our internal employees. We create a place people love to be a part of, where people can discover and practice their unique skill sets, a place where they can contribute and do their best work. We do this by offering our employees:
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- 401k with 4% Company Match
- Generous PTO
- 11 Holidays in the year
- Paid Parental Leave
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Monthly Popcorn Allowance (yup, free popcorn)
- Volunteer opportunities with charity partners and the Double Good Kids Foundation
- Company events (Happy Hours, Ice Cream Trucks, Summer Shindig, Holiday Party)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We want our employees to reflect the diverse communities we serve. We embrace the uniqueness in everyone, and we encourage each person to be their true selves. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued here. We do not stand for discrimination or harassment of any kind. Come as you are.