The vente-privee group has consolidated its various European brands, together made up of 6000 employees, under one unified conglomerate: Veepee. This coalescence marks a new chapter in its European history.
With Privalia, vente-exclusive, Designer & Friends, Zlotewyprzedaze, Eboutic and vente-privee, Veepee achieved a 3.7 billion Euro turnover as of 2018. Present in 14 countries now, Veepee is taking a leading role in the European digital commerce landscape.
Our 6000 employees have chosen a job at Veepee to spice up their daily lives! Our teams implement new technologies to fuel our strategies, offering our customers the best possible experience.
Are you eager to learn? Veepee offers you a variety of trades to develop your career, enabling you to renew your skills constantly. Tech, logistics, sales, marketing, sales production: join us on an exciting, digital-centered journey.
In 2018 we launched <vpTech/> - the IT community of Veepee. Our teams are widely distributed within the offices in Paris, Lyon, Nantes, Nice, Barcelona, Brussels, Warsaw, Amsterdam and Tel-Aviv.
At Veepee, we’ve invested heavily over the past two years in setting up a modern data stack.
Today, we have the foundation set up, leveraging an in-house built, event-driven data ingestion platform, a cloud data warehouse built on top of Google BigQuery (using dbt and airflow for our data transformations) and Microstrategy as BI platform.
We are now looking for experienced Analytics Engineers to help us improve the performance of our transformations, incorporate and model new data to meet business requirements, implement and improve our data quality checks and much more.
Furthermore, you’ll work closely with our data platform engineers to identify and shape new features to add to our data platform and with our data science teams to help them find the right data to build veepee’s state of the art machine learning models.
As an Analytics Engineer in Veepee, your role will be to
- Help shape our BI strategy to ensure business’ data needs are being met with high-quality data that is simple to use and understand;
- Translate business requirements and processes into well thought out data models and KPI’s to make information accessible and meaningful for business users;
- Apply software engineering principles to analytics code, in a true DataOps spirit;
- Develop and implement methods to always improve the quality of data in our data warehouse. That includes auditing sources, documenting issues, driving resolutions together with other teams and implementing well-documented, performant and tested transformations;
- Coordinate with Product teams to identify, define and ingest new and/or missing datasets using our new data ingestion platform;
- Work closely with our data analysts and data scientists to identify and model data for use in advanced analytics and machine learning models;
- Maintain and help implement new and existing data security measures
- Strong understanding and empathy for business users and their data needs;
- Advanced skills writing complex and performant SQL statements;
- Minimum 3 years of experience using analytics databases (preferably cloud-based like BigQuery, Snowflake,...);
- Minimum 2 years of data modelling experience (Kimball, data vault,...);
- Experience with modern data stack tools. We use dbt, airflow, git(lab), Microstrategy, Pagerduty (incident management);
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty on the command line;
- Some experience with a programming language like python is a plus;
- Experience with project management is a plus;
- Fluency in English is a must.
What we offer:
- A dynamic and creative team with state of the art technologies and tools;
- Diverse teams, with very different profiles, spread across several countries, etc.;
- Variety of self-education courses on e-learning platforms;
- Participation in meetups and conferences locally and internationally;
- Up to 3 days of remote work per week;
- Fun and open team environment;
- New office in Rambla Marina Factory.
Belonging to Veepee, <vpTech/> is one of the biggest Tech community in Europe with more than 1000 IT collaborators around Europe.
From Warsaw to Barcelona, through Lyon, Nantes, Lausanne, Tel Aviv, Brussels, Nice, Amsterdam and Paris, all our projects are developed in a functional environment with a wide skills variety where you’ll be sure to find your place, no matter the technology you want to work with.
If you love to try things why don’t you jump on this new adventure?