DraftKings is a technology company that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions on the planet. Focused on the rapidly growing Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) space, DraftKings offers players the opportunity to compete through web and mobile channels in 1-day or 1-week fantasy sports contests for cash prizes and money-can’t-buy experiences. Founded in 2012, we are headquartered in Boston, with additional offices in New York City and London. This is a unique opportunity to work at a company experiencing explosive growth while inventing an industry. We bring the most incredible experiences and the industry's biggest contests to our players. We are looking for exceptional talent to play for our team! Apply today and be a part of our success story.
As Analytics Manager at DraftKings, you will be responsible for interpreting and analyzing data to help drive decisions across all business functions. You’ll play a key role, using our data in helping to define game structure, determine where we focus our marketing efforts, create player salaries, understand how our customers base will evolve over time, and much more. As the company rapidly grows, you’ll be tasked with understanding how our customer base is changing and what the implications are for our future strategy. What we need to track, report on, and monitor changes at a rapid pace; the Analytics Manager will be crucial for ensuring that we can keep up with that pace, and are always able to make strong data-based decisions.
- Be a hands-on expert of our data environment, knowing where and how all activities throughout our product and marketing channels are tracked
- Build new metrics that enable teams within the company to measure their performance at the best possible level
- Work with the development team, product and marketing to systematize and roll out key insights generated from analysis
- Developing frameworks and models to help us understand and anticipate customer behavior
- Diving through enormous amounts of information to identify why different customers behave so differently
- Identify turning points in customers behavior, and figure out what drove them
- Build customer segments with fundamentally different behavior, and identify ways we can entertain each customer more
- Understand the efficiency of our marketing activities, and how we can improve or scale
- Use surveys and other research techniques to enhance our product suite
- Support ad hoc analytic requests to drive day to day decisions
- Manage and develop junior analysts.
- Highly proficient with data analytics, and experience in data manipulation using a variety of tools
- Extremely strong ability to problem solve, especially in areas where you have no experience
- Proven history of taking initiative, and having a self-driven approach to determining what’s important to focus on
- Natural curiosity, and a demonstrated ability to turn observed data into a story about what behavior is driving that data
- Ability to take complicated problems and build simple frameworks
- Strong communication and business consulting skills
- Able to understand the challenges faced by various teams and identify reporting needs to assist them
- Able to define requirements autonomously for any project
- Proactive and a self-starter who is comfortable in a fast paced, quickly changing environment, able to juggle multiple jobs simultaneously. Must be a problem solver, eager for keeping busy and engaged.
- Exceptional analytical skills and fully capable in problem detection / innovative problem solving
- Knowledge of various third party data visualization platforms a plus
- BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or a related field
- 5+- years of Site or Marketing Analytics experience, ideally in ECommerce
- Proven success using technology and internally created tools to execute flawlessly
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Comfortable in fast paced, results driven environment
- SQL or Reporting tools experience required
- Experience managing and developing junior analysts
- Experience working in the sports or games industry is preferred, but not required.
- Experienced fantasy sports player is preferred.