Ando is looking for an exceptional Data Scientist to join our mobile-first food delivery brand. Our company sits at the intersection of culinary arts and technology. We are looking for someone that can help unleash the creative potential of our world-class culinary team by leveraging data and strategic analysis. This role reports to the Head of Business Operations
We’re a multidisciplinary team aiming to change the way food is designed, curated and delivered using a data-driven approach. As our first Data Scientist, you will be on the cutting edge of analysis, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas, run and analyze experiments, create dashboards, build predictive models, and facilitate market-moving insights in order to drive key strategic decisions across the organization.
The ideal candidate should love doing everything from coming up with questions to ask, to conceptualizing balanced metrics, to actually constructing the code to pull those metrics out of databases and big data stores alike. You love learning, data, scale and agility.
- Perform intensive analysis across all areas of our business to drive continuous improvement, operational efficiency, and product development
- Build user, courier, and kitchen behavioral models
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions
- Perform time-series analyses, hypothesis testing, and causal analyses to statistically assess relative impact and extract trends
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as culinary, product, engineering, operations, and marketing
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, computer science, physics or a related quantitative discipline, OR equivalent work experience
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Ability to conceptualize business issues, formulate hypotheses, gather results, analyze data, and make appropriate recommendations for change
- Expert in the use of statistical analysis environments such as R, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS
- Our stack: Metabase on Postgres for BI dashboards, MongoDB for production data