Voatz is a high-growth, venture-backed company based in Massachusetts USA. We are an eclectic, passionate group of people working to change democracy by changing the way the world votes.
Backed by military-grade security and cutting-edge technology, the Voatz mobile voting platform has been used by more than 70,000 voters across multiple elections, voting events and locations, with more in store for this year.
We're looking for Android mobile application software engineers to join our team and help us build beautiful and engaging user experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, development and testing of mobile application software modules
- Documenting process flows
- Assisting with technical support during exciting voting workshops and events
- Monitoring technical needs and processing data collected during voting events
The skills you bring:
- 2-4 years experience of Kotlin/Java and Android required, including lifecycle, design patterns, best practices and Material Design
- General proficiency in Object Oriented and/or Functional Programming, MVP, MVVM and Clean Architecture
- General proficiency with HTTP, REST/SOAP and networking protocols is a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and consider no task to be too small
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Passionate about politics and the electoral processes
- 3 month contract, with potential for full-time position
- Based in the Boston area
How to apply:
- Submit your CV
- Due to the volume of applicants, it is highly recommended that you submit a Cover Letter answering the following questions:
1.) What's your superpower?
2.) What interests you the most about Voatz and why are you best for the role?
3.) In three words, how would a colleague describe you?
Voatz is an equal opportunity employer.