Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team
We’re seeking an Android Developer to help us build the Android version of our cloud based law enforcement software products as well as build a new mobile-first piece of software from scratch. As a member of the Mark43 team, you’ll take ownership of products and features from start to finish. The team will rely on you to make sure our mobile applications meet all the requirements of our customers as well as mobile application stores. As a senior member of our mobile development team, you'll have the freedom to implement your own solutions and have a meaningful impact on our product.
What you can expect to work on:
- Working on development of mobile first product modules within our records management platform
- Helping create test environments from scratch and building automatic test cases for Android
- Working closely with product managers and designers to define user requirements and technical constraints
- Develop plans to transition our web-app to be increasingly mobile friendly
What we expect from you:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years professional experience in Android development
- Familiarity with databases and Agile methodologies
- Experience with mobile testing
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Ability to develop cooperative and collaborative relationships with your teammates
- Leaning in to contribute to the company outside your role - our engineers have written blog posts, attended events, and helped grow our team
- Self-motivated, passionate, and excited to own products from end to end.
- Passion for building the best software for law enforcement.
What you can expect from us:
- Mentorship from more experienced team members
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- Building mission critical and socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering law enforcement, first responders, and other government agencies via mission critical software products
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers