ARRIVAL is a technology company making vehicles the way they should be - fully electric, digitally connected, and smart. By creating innovation in vehicle design and manufacturing, Arrival is accelerating autonomous and electric vehicle technology, by fusing AI with new forms of automotive engineering. We are working with some of the world's leading businesses and governments with the goal to re-define how cities look, think and feel. Our vehicles will be 100% built by robots within our microfactories globally. We are recognised by LinkedIn as 2020’s number 1 start-up in the UK for as well as being one the world’s newest Unicorns with a £5 billion valuation.
We are looking for Android Native platform developers for the Human Machine Interface (HMI) team to work on the driver-car interaction system (dashboard, on-board computer, infotainment system) at the NDK level, Android Kernel, Android HAL, Linux drivers, as well as Core Android frameworks for media, audio and connectivity.
Working in our team is the ability to create complex embedded systems.
What you will do
- Working with the network stack.
- Interaction with CAN bus.
- The entire video capture stack (GStreamer).
- Optionally edit the internals of Android.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 4 years of experience in C ++ development;
- Knowledge of standards 14 and 17;
- Experience in creating complex, multi-component systems;
- Experience in creating network systems;
- Ability and desire to test and document your code, write reliable and understandable code.
Nice to have
- Java development experience;
- Understanding and ability to use NDK / JNI;
- Experience in creating advanced navigation solutions;
- Understanding of how Android works at the system level, experience in setting up and configuring, or a desire to figure it out;
- Work experience on projects similar to ours, work in the automotive industry;
- Experience with CAN;
- Experience with Bluetooth / BLE;
- English at the level of reading technical documentation and correspondence.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission for Zero-emission solutions for cities. Human-centred, intelligent design - to revitalise public transportation!