We are Max2 Inc. - the makers of the Veea app (http://www.veea.co
). Veea is a community powered discovery platform for getting real-time knowledge about local venues and retail offers. There are plenty of review sites already out there, our app will bridge the gap by providing a comprehensive end-to-end solution with cutting edge devices and technologies for users and merchants. Max2 is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for an experienced Android engineer to join our development team who has a passion for delivering great mobile user experiences and working through complex problems.
Candidates should have strong but well-founded opinions on code style, structure, automated processes and product building, and should like to sweat over every little detail while being able to iterate quickly.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Setup proper interactions of the front-end design and implementation with backend servers
- Collaborate with the designers and other developers to integrate new features in the application
- Write test cases for the front-end code
- Work on bug fixes and improving application performance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for candidates with a BS, MS orPhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research or related fields andsome relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevantexperience.
DESIRED & BENEFICIAL SKILLS
- Experience with Google coding and design standards
- Good understanding of Android framework components and theirrespective lifecycles
- Good understanding of Networking/Concurrency/threading
- Experience developing highly efficient Java code and viewlayouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottleneck
- Willingness to spend time testing minute details especially withuser interaction points
- Familiarity with Android Studio and gradle
- Knowledge of Bluetooth and BLE in Android devices
- Familiarity with the Android tool ecosystem for development,testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH US
- Opportunity towork alongside a young, dynamic and talented team with experienced leadershipin an exciting start up environment.
- Competitive compensation with an opportunities for early stagecompany stock options.
- Directand meaningful involvement in building a gamechanging product in a fun and stimulating environment!