Lyft’s mobile infrastructure teams are responsible for creating & maintaining the foundational systems that engineers rely on in order to build stable, scalable, polished and efficient apps. We are looking for enthusiastic engineers to drive the entire experience of developing Android applications from architecture to UX foundations to developer productivity, and lead others in a shared vision of Android application development at Lyft.
We are looking for someone that is both highly technical, and also motivated to build and strengthen a team. This person has strong interpersonal skills, and cares as deeply about producing great products as the success of the individuals who create the products.
- Define a shared vision of clean, efficient, and enjoyable Android application development
- Build relationships with mobile engineers across the company to direct Mobile Infrastructure's roadmap
- Create and expand foundational systems and patterns for use by feature developers
- Explore advanced technologies and best practices internally and throughout the industry to solve current and future challenges
- Dive into and improve existing code in core libraries and throughout our codebase
- Work with iOS and Android engineers across Mobile Infrastructure to share ideas and collaboratively come up with solutions
- 7+ years of experience developing mobile applications, with an emphasis on Android development
- Strong communication skills, and ability to drive cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to lead and influence others on technological vision and practices
- Deep understanding of application architecture, including component architectures, navigation patterns, state and logic management
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin and Java
- Experience with large codebases
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.